What's new

Should I buy an S15?

G

GALLA_4

Guys
Let me start by saying hello as I literally just joined up here 5mins ago! My nmae is Owen and I am from Ireland.

I am seriously considering buying an S15! I have been driving a supercharged Lexus IS200 but I am bored with it now and want some serious Jap performance! I was looking at skylines and supras but an import garage told me I should consider the S15. I agree its a savage looking motor!

Can you guys kinda let me know what are the pro's and con's of owning such a beast and if there is anything in particular I need to watch out for when looking at a S1. I am viewing a 2002 one with 24K miles on the clock this saturday coming and all help would be nuch appreciated.

Regards,
Owen

PS Here is a pic of the engine. Is this a Spec R or what? And rough guide of BHP expected from the unit below

http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=northdublincars129gz5.jpg

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome Owen :wave:

We all have our own reasons for buying an S15, but I think the most common is the rarity of them (in Europe rather than Oz/NZ). Not wishing to sound like I'm fobbing you off, but you could well do with having a look through the Useful Threads: http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?t=5

There are several links at the top covering many of your questions :) They have been covered quite a few times now. Have a read and let us know what isn't covered :nod: :thumbs:

D

Derek

Welcome Owen, Where in Ireland you from? Dublin?

If your buying a fresh import get it ncted and also ask for auction sheet as a lot of imports can be crashed and repaired. The weak points on a s15 are the clutch and gearbox. Make sure the engine doesn't have any bad sounds like vvt rattle. The S15 is a beautiful car to drive. I'm really happy with mine. Check this out you may be interested also..

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=558796 :cry:

Reaction score
hi owen welcome to the site mate, got myself an s15 on the way too, you wont go wrong with one! If thats the car thats out in lusk/balbriggan the 2002 model with the full kit id suggest not going for it. Its cheap for a reason mate, i looked at it and took it for a drive. There are much better examples out there.
thanks
Rob

D

Derek

slammedmind said:
hi owen welcome to the site mate, got myself an s15 on the way too, you wont go wrong with one! If thats the car thats out in lusk/balbriggan the 2002 model with the full kit id suggest not going for it. Its cheap for a reason mate, i looked at it and took it for a drive. There are much better examples out there.
thanks
Rob
I'd agree entriely with rob on this one, Something is quite adding up in my opinion. Saying that there could be nothing at all wrong with it. Make sure to see the Auction sheet anyway to make sure. I particularly wouldn't fancy it anyway.

This it?