What's new

Catalytic converter upgrade/recommendations

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

I recently had issues with my 5 month old Tomei Expreme ti exhaust system, which formed a large crack 180 degrees around the pipe.

Which I am currently in talks with the company I bought it from in order to get a replacement.

The new exhaust system, once I recieve it, will be installed by Horsham Developments, however I am thinking of installing a better CAT at the same time as well. Just so I know everything is brand spanking new ;)

I am currently looking at this particular CAT, which ive heard good things about and just wondered what you guys thought?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-High-Fl...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c58b24160

Its a high flow Kenobi metal CAT, which apparently gives better performance compared to the factory one.

Otherwise would you guys be able to recommend any other brands or should I just get a new replacment factory CAT?

By the way my S15 is a Spec S 1999 and currently has standard CAT and a Tomei Expreme Ti S14 exhaust system, if that makes any difference.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looks pretty decent mate, any high flow cat will be an improvement over standard . mine has a nismo high flow cat but they are about £1100 if you can even get one now. Can't believe the tomei cracked? Very odd

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah get a bolt in decat pipe. Don't waste your money on a high flow cat for an NA. It will make no difference! And if your old cat is ok don't even bother buying a new one. It would be like buying a brand new car when your old one is good still! Just so you know its all new!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, just de-cat. Anything else is pointless.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
As been said, for an NA a high flow cat is a waste of time, even a decat wont give you any extra power. I would keep your stock cat if it's in good condition

Reaction score
Wish we had the same options, here they will bend you over big time if you don't have a Cat..Very expensive fine too

Reaction score
Country
Isn't that after the car's a certain age?

Not that I've ever experienced, and I've never failed a WOF because of no cat (since 2002). Friends with other makes and models of cars have also removed them, and a mate with a workshop regularly has to make decats for customers.