What's new

Cheap Lambda Sensors

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how they wired these up, they have one black and two white wires...?
According to the info given with the sensor, the black is the signal wire, however the other two are labelled as heater wires?
Can i use either of these for ground and +12v feed?
Als

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I believe so. I certainly don't remember wiring the two white specifically.

Sorry for not phoning you back. I was in transit from Oz...

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
No probs mate, i realised where you must be when i saw your signature!

Unfortunately changing the lambda sensor hasnt helped and where before the readings in Datascan were just creaping up, now its just permanently reading 100 (which i believe is 1volt). I am going to check the 12v+ fheater wire rom the fusebox and the ground at the weekend to ensure that is ok..

anything else i could check?

Wierd thing is that i am still getting good mpg out of the her, she's done 278miles so far and still got just under 1/4 of a tank and no reserve light...

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wiring for these sensors!

Ok so just in case anyone else does what i did and miss-read the manual!!:furious:

Ref manual : EC page 153

Loom Side <> Lambda Sensor

Pin 1: Brown (+12v from Fuse) <> White (Heater)
Pin 2: White (Sensor output to ECU pin 19) <> Black (Sensor)
Pin 3: Black/Red (ECU pin 111, assume it then goes ground) <> White (Heater)

(NB: Jez's sensors have a blue wire for sensor)

Hope this helps avoid some of the issues i found, feel quite an idiot to have misread a wiring diagram!!! - dope! :eek::eek:

No probs mate, i realised where you must be when i saw your signature!

Unfortunately changing the lambda sensor hasnt helped and where before the readings in Datascan were just creaping up, now its just permanently reading 100 (which i believe is 1volt). I am going to check the 12v+ fheater wire rom the fusebox and the ground at the weekend to ensure that is ok..

anything else i could check?

Wierd thing is that i am still getting good mpg out of the her, she's done 278miles so far and still got just under 1/4 of a tank and no reserve light...

Last edited: