What's new

thinking of selling up, how much is it worth?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Weighing up selling my 15 to buy a r32 gtr :wack:
Not 100% atm just wondering what you guys think i would be able to get for the car.

I would more than likely sell the car on rota gtr's and keep the xd9's for the gtr
Basically the reason i am considering it is that is gonna cost me best part of 10k to get it to where i want and then it may not even be drivable :wack: ha ha
or i could sell this use the money from it and the parts have spareget a proper sorted 600+ bhp r32 and just drive it
Rough list of mods as follows
nissan silvia 2001 spec r. 80,000 km
Factory hid's ,heated front screen ,wing mirrors and rear tints

C-west front bumper
drift kit uras
Aero spoiler
50/50 led rear lights
18 " work emotion xd9 9 et20 front 10 et38 rear will be on rota gtr 18x8.5 f 9.5 r
nismo anti roll bars
nismo front and rear strut braces
nismo front power brace
nismo sports resetting ecu
Subframe locking collars
tein steering arms
apex full allignment kit
rsr i sport coilovers
Tie rod brace
Energy Arbs droplinks
Superpro steering bushes
tomei expreme turbo elbow
h-dev manifold
Nismo weldina down pipe
nismo sports cat
kakimoto racing full mega n1 exhaust system
hks turbo timer
techtom cmx 100
defi bf link blue boost,oil temp and control unit 2
Greddy Profec B Spec 2 EBC
forge re circ
Password jdm tie bar
DB power engine damper
ngk iridium plugs
i/c cooling spray
greddy thermostatic sandwich plate and oil cooler
apex 56mm radiator
Nismo radiator cap
nismo s tune replacement filter
skyline r34 gr 1.5 way nismo 4:1 lsd hubs and shafts
clear nismo side repeaters
D2 black edition 356mm bbk
r34 rear brakes

probably forgotten some stuff nut just looking for a rough idea. car is generally very clean could do with a remapi was holding off on that as i had plans to go big power in the new year.
Started to get some rust around the turrets under the bonnet and front bumper could do with respray, other than that its tidy serviced every six months and only covered 20 k in the 4 years i owned it
I may still end up finishing it just testing the water atm,any advice on price would be much appreciated
thanks
chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Did you read it? Not 100% lol
Just makes more sense to sell up than spend 5k getting the new turbo set up on there as then would need stronger box and wider tyres which would mean wide fenders and on and on ha ha I never do things by half as you know and I want more power seems the logical way to do it as wouldn't cost me anything to jump into a mint r32 already running 6-700hp if I sell this and all the spares I have here.....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thing is I have a mazworx top mount mani and downpipe, mazworx top feed with id850 injectors tomei cams etc sitting here waiting to go on but I still need to buy a turbo and ecu which is about £4k for them . Have thought about rb26 for mine but think I may as well just get a gtr lol

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
In what way bud?
I am worried it won't be a good road car when it's done is why I'm having second thoughts . If I finish it spend all that cash is no way I will get it back without breaking it and don't want to do that

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
With a RWD road car, anything over 350ish bhp and it all becomes unusable! You just can't get the power down, I think you'd be better off going for 350 as that is perfect!

But then you've had it 4 years and it may be time for a change! My only worry is a 600 hp 20+ year old car is going to need alot of work as the Rb26 are tempremental! So it WILL cost a fortune to keep it at 600bhp, gearboxes clutches and engines are all bound to fail.

I think a nice 450bhp skyline is a sensible and realistic option. Or keep the 15 tune it 350 and paint it a different colour and just drive it!

But to answer your Question I think its worth 9.5k all day long in this current market

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers Sam.
I was thinking to finish it and run the car around 370 just to keep it safe and usable but then seems pointless adding all the parts I have really when I could just get a 2871 and some side feed injectors to get that !
Seen a few clean gtr's around the 500hp mark that would probably do me tbh was just saying for the money i could get something a lot higher spec if I wanted to.
Have heard they are temperamental and also gonna be more expensive to run, tax, insure.. Why I'm still not 100% sold on it
9.5 sounds ok would probably remove a few more bits like the brakes etc before I sold it cars are always worth more in parts ha ha

Last edited:

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Dude !! you cant sell it...!! will be epic when its done.... i'd agree with the comments on here though aswell, probably don't need more than 350/375 in an S15.. i mean they only weigh 1300kg !

GTRs are expensive the run... my brother used to have an R33 at 580bhp was a complete animal but cost a fortune to run... that was sub 10mpg taking it easy also... although a nicely built well looked after RB without silly power will be no less reliable than an SR to be honest.

could you not look at using slightly different parts to keep the cost down a bit maybe?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the comment bud appreciate the info
I am thinking I could probably get away with a nistune board and map if I don't run the top feed fuel rail ,that would save me about 2k.
Would have to speak to Greg see if it was capable of running my set up
Was part of the build I really wanted to have though as injector dynamics are the nuts and I like to have the best I can.
As I am so uncertain I'm just gonna sit on it for a bit I think, don't want to sell it and regret it !
I do keep thinking I really want to finish it I always look at other cars this time of the year ha ha

Last edited:

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
should for sure sit on it for a while before making your mind up... you could always opt for a slightly different ECU maybe a link or something and go for a more off shelf garrett tubby? something alike a GTX series? would save you a little and still allow you to use the bits you have.

just a thought... just make sure your sure before making your mind up :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Was looking at the link but is only £4-500 less than the syvecs mapped with all the sensors I want so thought may as well spend the extra and get the best .
Defo not going to rush it, has taken me 4 years to get it to the spec it is now and is almost exactly how I want it!
I think I would be silly to sell it, just getting impatient I guess.
Turbo wise I don't think there is a lot of difference price wise between the tub I'm getting and a gtx especially as my mechanic gets good discount with Owen dev ;)
We shall see, hopefully I will magic the money out my arse and finish it soon ha ha

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Personally if it was me I would go for nothing less than a Nissan Skyline R34 GTT with GTR bodykit ;)

No offense, but the R32 is preety old now and you can still get a really good spec R34 GTT with around the 300 to 400bhp range between £10,000 and £15,000 (Ive been looking lol).

But yeah, try to go for something a bit newer, atleast then it may not need as much restoration intially ;)

Also it may be worth considering importing one, as they are normally in much better condition than ones sold over here:

http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/auctions4_low_cost_cars.htm

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I would defo import one regardless , my mate has really good contacts in Japan so that would defo be the way I go. As for the 34 I don't like them lol think they are ugly would only have a gtr v spec nur2 and that's never going to happen ha ha ha
Plus from experience they feel big heavy and too safe to drive but that's just my opinion
I think I'm just gonna grow a pair and finish the 15 it's come this far may as well go all in balls out now and keep it a few more years

Last edited:

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeh, push through! I hit the same wall, its going over after xmas though!
I do like the idea of hand picking something from japan though.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Gonna push through defo ,been thinking about it and would regret selling it now.
may take a little while to do but it's gotta be done now really I want to finish it .
I have an idea in my head and I'm gonna see it to completion if I can afford it ha ha ha wish I ha loads of cash found a minty mint shell today would love to do a full swap/rebuild but c'est la vie
How's your project max? Any updates

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
R32 gtr = pure sex can still find spotless ones in Japan. Save the s15 and have both : )

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha don't tempt me! Found some super clean 32's In jp with 30-40k on the clock!!!! Would love one but doubt I could afford to run it and this ha ha