What's new

Have S15's really dropped in value that much?

Reaction score
Country
I get a lot of people lately offering me silly amount for my car like 6k and 7k would you believe it!

Trouble is there are a few S15's out there where people are advertising them for pennies even with a decent spec and are willing to say yes to 7k for a quick sale, now this might be a solution for them however I feel like it is driving the prices down quite a lot for the rest of us :(

I really refuse to believe they are knocking on the door of 7-8k now.

Thoughts?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
7-8k for a dog, but most S15's are well looked after and like yours have been refurbished with new parts etc... Time of year won't help either.

Reaction score
Country
I bought my Spec S for £2900 in May this year and my previous Spec S was less than that they are out there but are becoming more and more desirable as people keep crashing them so value should hold near 10k plus really for a Spec R and around 6k for a Spec S I would have thought, and that's purely down to thier desirability.

Reaction score
Country
It's getting cheaper to import them now, prepare for an influx in the next couple of years and a price plummet imo. Import market has been very stagnant since the crash in 08 sent the yen into the stratosphere and this has bolstered s15 values a lot if you ask me.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Tbh they are getting older now jay! So will come down but there have been a few dogs and high mielage forsale for 7k so makes 9k look expensive! once those have ****ed off prices will rise again!

I don't think yours is worth 7-8k but you and another guy on sxoc with a really tidy white one are really struggling to sell at 9k, which for the spec is so cheap!

The yen isn't getting any better though so the influx won't happen for 3-4years, it will be drib's and drab's of stockish cars.

Reaction score
Country
I honestly think its the irish market driving the U.K value down! A spec s can sell for between €3500-5000,a spec r can make anything up to €10000 but rarely any more than that! Ive seen toyota aristos advertised for less than €1000 and 350z for €3500 on donedeal.ie. the amount of jap cars being broke for parts over here is scary. My boyfriend struggled to sell a mint 200sx for just €3500 ended up breaking it too unfortunately..
Age, engine size and insurance I would say are the main problems for the low offers! All our irish imports seem to be making there way across the water to the U.K and the rest of Europe. Other than glanzas and civics, jap cars are getting quite rare over here!

If i were you fruitbooter, I would sit tight and you'll get the right offer! Your car is amazing, one of the nicest on here! Followed your build thread, beautiful car with an nice spec! Good luck with the sale, Whoever ends up with the car is lucky!

Reaction score
Country
I'm unsure how your car hasn't sold, the spec and the condition on it is amazing, To the right person your car is worth its asking price and then some!.

I can't see the prices dropping for awhile.
They are very rare and very desirable and for a good spec and unruined example your going to have to pay more.
People will continue to crash and ruin them making clean examples all the better.

Think the problem we have is people don't want to spent that much money on an old Japanese car, unless its an enthusiast. (plus the fuel costs)
Their loss as my golf had more problems and rattled more than my S15.

I don't plan on ever selling my baby, I'll be in my 40's and still have it with luck.

all the best with the sale buddy :)

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
I must honestly say Fruitbooster, i'm looking at your S15 for a couple of months now.
It's so fresh and so clean, inside outside and beneath.
I think when i had the money i probably would buy yours, but i dont.
Sold my own Spec-R last year for 6300 pounds, the thing is mate, the car market is so **** at this moment that there are just a few people who spend approx 10k for a car at this mo.

At this moment i've got a list with parts i need too buy (just ordered a full wide bad ass bodykit).
When i'm finished working of my list, i'm gonna buy me a 15 again, but i'm just like Rosie...i need a cheap one cause i 'm building it myself anyway.

But my best too you with selling your immaculate spectaculair red loving machine, it's gorgious!!!

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys! Not sure why it hasn't sold yet either tbh, i did stupidly turn down an offer of 9k when it was up for 9.5 though... silly me and I'm regretting that now!

I would be happy with a solid 9k for mine but you have to wait for the right buyer and I've been waiting a while now and would really like to get a move on with buying a house in the new year! Some do sell quick though, especially white and pewter ones! and a lot of the time ones with a bigger spec like stage 1a or 2, I don't think people want to buy a 'stockish' S15 like mine engine wise when they can get a 300+ stage 2 for 9.5k

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
As said already in this thread im shocked yours has not sold. Has to be easily one of the cleanest in the UK!

Prices are dropping due to the age. 1999 MY cars are now almost 15 years old!

People still want stuff for nothing and you will always get idiots offering stupid amounts. Most of the S15's that are up for sale between 6-7k are not genuine spec R's they are converted spec S's and newbs dont realise this.

I paid a lot for my 2002 Spec R. After what I have not done to it I wish I would of done it via a Spec S.

Reaction score
Country
Honestly, the car market as a whole is taking a hit. People are just spending less and less on things...

People love to throw out low ball offers and see what sticks. Stay with it, as your car is clean as heck!

Reaction score
Country
Time of year, fuel prices and the cars getting older won't help. Insurance prices keep going up also so many of the younger people who'd like a 2 seater sporty car generally can't afford them. 10k will get you a decent sporty family hack after all.