What's new

Q about wheel fitment on cwest gt kit

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys.
Will the above swallow 12 j wheels?
I'm used to s14s and they can take rather big wheels but just don't know if the s15 will take 12j

Reaction score
Country
I dont think a 12j with a low offset wil work. Prob gonna go 11j to be safe as seen some equips I like and think they'll suit the car. Just being gready with 12j lol. Def need to go 18s to make sure they clear the brakes as my 17 ssr's are useless!

Reaction score
Country
S15's are less wide then S14's so they dont take as wide a wheel.
The C-West kit is said to be 40mm wider at the rear but doest start as wide on top.
They rear fenders gradualy widen the lower to the car they get. I measured it aprox 30mm wider on the top of the arch and more like 50 at the bottom.

Havnt tried fitting 12J to mine but I recon it will not fit as the offset would nee to be quite low making them stick out just too wide.

Reaction score
Country
I dont think a 12j with a low offset wil work. Prob gonna go 11j to be safe as seen some equips I like and think they'll suit the car. Just being gready with 12j lol. Def need to go 18s to make sure they clear the brakes as my 17 ssr's are useless!
Have you tried one of the wheel offset calculators to get an idea of how they compare to your works?

Reaction score
Country
The Equips you were looking at on sxoc will be ass follows.

The fonts will stick out an extra 18mm than your old rims

But

The rears will be further in the arches by 11mm

Going by the specs on that thread.

Reaction score
Country
What site did you use Chris? I just punched the same numbers in on the 1010tires calculator and it's saying the fronts would stick out 6mm more, 20mm less inner clearance. And yeah 11mm further in on the back with 49mm less inner clearance which is quite a lot and would probably foul the coilovers. :wack:

Reaction score
Country
28mm further out and 36mm closer to strut on 12j et9 have got 25mm spacers I could use on the 11j equips

Reaction score
Country
What site did you use Chris? I just punched the same numbers in on the 1010tires calculator and it's saying the fronts would stick out 6mm more, 20mm less inner clearance. And yeah 11mm further in on the back with 49mm less inner clearance which is quite a lot and would probably foul the coilovers. :wack:
I may of typed the wrong numbers in for the fronts then :D

Reaction score
Country
Well backspace is ok have 50mm clearance easily will be out of the arch by about 20mm so can I cure that with a stretch an a hint of camber? Have pics if it'll help.