What's new

ADM/NZ S15 turbo differences to JDM

Reaction score
Country
I have just been looking at my friends copy of 'Forced Induction Performance Tuning' by A. Graham Bell.
I believe the author is Australian. The book contains a bit about the gains they made to an S15 turbo by just making breathing mods (intake and exhaust).

According to the book their car had 197bhp from factory and recorded around 165 at the wheels, on the rolling road. After the mods they got over 250 at the wheels, which seems very impressive to me.

I want to be clear what they started with - They replaced the whole exhaust turbo-back, are there any differences in the elbow, downpipe, cat or cat-back as standard between 197bhp turbo s15's and the 248bhp JDM one (my one)?
Is the sidemount intercooler the same?
The intake parts looked the same in the photos in the book.

They did no ecu re-mapping according to the book. I presume the maps differ ADM to JDM?

Reaction score
Country
I found this (Was already aware of the page on this site about brakes)

http://nissans15.com/misc.htm

It says exhaust is slightly different and 1" shorter - I am wondering if it was basically sold with an S14A exhaust? Given its got the same power as an S14a.

So I also Ask - What is the difference between an S14a and S15 standard exhaust?

Reaction score
Country
basic S15 SR0DET power guide

intake, FMIC, 3" turbo back exhaust on 98oct running 1bar.
S15 SR20DET (480cc injectors, T28ball bearing)
= 175 - 190 rwkw

thats on a JDM ECU, yes ADM to JDM are a slightly diff map due to fuel differences, the JDM has more potential when run on 98Oct

Reaction score
The S14a exhaust is about 10mm longer then the S15 stock exhaust. ADM S15's came with a bush bearing turbo JDM ball bearing. At the time of release in Australia the highest octane fuel was 95 so it was detuned to the JDM S15 to meet the lower fuel rating.