What's new

What did the S15 get for christmas :)

Reaction score
a nice set of endless brakes and a starlet to keep it company :D now all i need next year for christmas is the winning lotto ticket to pay for it :nod:

Reaction score
off my brother it got one of them "flash" car wash things... i'll be polite and try it for the spot free finish thing, has a gaurantee with it, so if it don't work, full refund! lol

but, my car's gotta wait till new year before it gets anything! ...... the full respray that's needed!

got a full tank of tesco 99, to flush out the BP ultimate that it didn't seem to like! ran like a complete bag of nails on it!

Reaction score
The S15 was given:

A new replacement Silvia lightning badge
A good wash
New front and rear registration plates (took ages to arrive)
Oil and Filter Change
A new Sony MEX-R1 DVD head unit

The S15 gave me for Christmas:

A potentially faulty wheel bearing :(

G

Get_Real

Got a whole loada stuff.... :rolleyes: :D

Kenwood In-car Sat Nav / DVD Unit with Touchscreen tft
.....with Freeview
.......with reversing camera
..........with cd changer
:eek: :p :rolleyes: :D :D

Dans 330mm Big brake kit (excellent stopping power - quite astonished at how good it is actually) with his customised larger brake pads.

18" OZ Canyons

Arch Rolling to fit those Grand Canyons ( :ghey: :p ;) ) professionally done by Monophil from SXOC :thumbs:

And last but not least, some antifreeze coolant and screenwash to keep the baby warm :nod:

(and if you count over the last 2months, then earlier xmas pressie of Jez stage 2 with nismo 555s!!)

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION ANYONE??????

................. Do NOT spend anymore money on SILVIA :rolleyes: :p :)

JUST ENJOY!!

MERRY BELATED XMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'aLL!!! :wave:

Cheers,
ALex

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Get_Real said:
.....with Freeview
Now, you see, if I've got that much time that I can appreciate something like this, I prefer to just get out of the car, go into the house and watch/listen to it in comfort and with a beer in my hand.... :p

SatNav is on my iPaq, so I can use it for other things out of the car. Camera is out of the car, so I can take it on holiday and attach it to a headrest mount for track days, DVD is in laptop, which I can use outside of car, do work on, and also do full ECU diagnostics on. I just have a DAB/MP3 head unit on a set of slightly uprated speakers. Sorted. :D :p :wave:

G

Get_Real

Nicely said:
Get_Real said:
.....with Freeview
Now, you see, if I've got that much time that I can appreciate something like this, I prefer to just get out of the car, go into the house and watch/listen to it in comfort and with a beer in my hand.... :p

SatNav is on my iPaq, so I can use it for other things out of the car. Camera is out of the car, so I can take it on holiday and attach it to a headrest mount for track days, DVD is in laptop, which I can use outside of car, do work on, and also do full ECU diagnostics on. I just have a DAB/MP3 head unit on a set of slightly uprated speakers. Sorted. :D :p :wave:
SatNav on a 7" screen is SOOOOooo much better!! :p Trust me....i used to have a Navman and also a pda phone with sat nav......

Camera was just a lil gadget which has proved quite useful as its also infra-red and therefore night vision-ish. Saved me from reversing into a fence once! :rolleyes: Plus i got the guy who fitted it to put a switch in so i can turn it on when on the move too!

And lastly, freeview/dvd/music videos are the ideal way to pass time whilst stuck in traffic / waiting to pick up girlfriend / just general waiting in the car to pick people up!! ;) :cool:

But saying that, i also have all of the above too just in case!! :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I suppose its a bit like all singing and dancing mobiles. I use mine to make phone calls and text. I use a car to get from point A to point B, with the odd track session.

My PDA has a 4 inch screen :)

K

kieran

that kenwood sat nav is a nice bit of kit :thumbs: you lucky sod, a few quids worth there!

looks like i sold my old wheels, all to go to the car fund, lol not really sure where im gonna spend the money next but that will be my pressy to the car :thumbs: other than the was and short shift......oh my god how good is the short shift!

Reaction score
I got my car back from the workshop just a few days before xmas with a rebuilt gearbox, and Nismo 1.5way diff installed.

For xmas, my girlfriend got me a pair of Sunline Racing Toe Control Arms :D

Reaction score
Hmm, where do i start. I suppose i took off all the mods and put all standard parts back on :)

Well, there is a whine from the rear diff and i think it grabs a little in cornering. Doesn't sound like a standard diff. Need someone to come out in it who knows about diffs.

Hopefully i'll have a road worthy s15 for a new year present :)

P

paulphot

For Christmas the car got it's 100,000km service, some new buffing pads and poishing cloths and a new bov, hoping to fit tomorrow. Hopefully it will give me abot 170kw at the wheels. Last bov is leaking.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Kango said:
Hmm, where do i start. I suppose i took off all the mods and put all standard parts back on :)

Well, there is a whine from the rear diff and i think it grabs a little in cornering. Doesn't sound like a standard diff. Need someone to come out in it who knows about diffs.

My diff does that too.
When turning the car 180 degrees I can hear one wheel skip on the tarmac.

Reaction score
Yakozan said:
Kango said:

My diff does that too.
Phew. glad mines not the only one then :)

D

Derek

Yakozan said:
Kango said:

My diff does that too.
Lad you should hear mine now, Its wrong i tell you...