What's new

Neighbour threatened me and my S15 :(

Reaction score
Country
So long story short, I travel to Bournemouth every week from Reading to attend uni and have been doing so for the last 2 and a half years.

Since summer holidays a new family has moved in two houses down from me in Bournemouth.

Now every Monday morning at 7.30am I return to my house in Bournemouth and reverse my car up into my allocated garage in between two of the houses. Granted my car makes a bit of a racket, but I have never ever had a complaint regarding it.

This of course was until 3 weeks ago, when the new neighbour came out to have a talk with me, stating the my car was to F....ing loud and he requested that I parked elswhere until 10am when he and his wife had woken up lol. I of course explained I had the garage for a reason and there wasnt really anywhere else to park.

So 3 weeks passed and I parked down the road at my local sainsburys to avoid annyoing them, however sainsburys this Monday caught on and decided to tell me to move my car.

Of course the only place I could go was back to my house at 7.30am in the morning, so I reversed up onto my driveway as normal hoping not to make a racket.

At which point my neighbours husband comes bursting out of his back gate shouting "What did I tell you" on top of which he then went on and threatened to either break into my garage and smash my car to pieces or come and find me and smash my face in. I of course at this point told him he was out of order to which he told me to f off. I didnt say anymore at that point as I was worried he may actually damage my car :(

So I left and at which point I then rang the local police to inform them of his threats against me and my car and his language, which I would also like to point out is a form of assault.

So with this all happening on Monday just gone the police have told me they will be going to speak with him and update me once they have done so.

Everyone I have spoken to says I have done the right thing, although Im unsure of whether this may irratate him further?

Anyone have any advise on this matter?

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well he sounds like a nob first and foremost.
Any noise regs only count between 11pm and 7am regardless and your car reversing Into YOUR garage isn't exactly noise pollution. Tell the lazy bastad to get up a bit earlier and if he don't like it move ha ha my car is mentally loud, I leave for work at 330Am sometimes and no one ever says anything to me
Maybe he should invest in some better windows and some earplugs if he doesn't like it ha ha tbh I wouldn't even have considered larking somewhere else like you did , I would have probably given it a few extra revs and left the at running on to wind the chap up for being a tit ha ha
You did the right thing though at least if anything happens it's all on record and he will get done, I have a bit of a temper probably would have ended quite badly if it was me so fair play for staying so calm

Reaction score
Country
You did the right thing. Now that the cops are informed, just so nothing to annoy him and leave him be. If he comes on to your property and touches your car, he'll have trespassing, breaking and entering, assault and wilful damage charges to face since he'll be suspect number one. You could even be cheeky and set up a camera in your garage.

Then again if he touches your car, or you, you have every right to retaliate

Reaction score
What a CUUNT! I say bollocks to him, it's your garage and you lived there first!

Are they benefit thieves? Council type...
Who stays in bed til 10am every day?

I leave for work at 6:30am every day and my mrs leaves about 7 in her Evo and no one has ever said anything!

I say **** him if he touches you or the car then you just break a window on the house every week til he moves !

Reaction score
Country
You are in the right and the guy sounds like a massive tool. But..

Is you're car really loud? If so can you not fit a bung in the exhaust to cut back on the noise?

he may be the only one to mention it but I'd imagine some of your other neighbours may not be too happy with the noise either, especially if they have kids.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
You reacted a lot calmer than I would of done. It's half 7 ffs not half 4, I'd of told him to "jog on" in as many words.

Reaction score
Country
Complete Dick he is. As stated get a camera up just incase then u have hard evidence. I'd think about putting a bung in the exhaust if I was you I hate setting off early/ coming back late incase I annoy anyone. But its your home you was there first just stand your ground because if you back down he,ll think he's bigger than he is. If he does damage it tell the police. To which they won't do anything, so smash his house windows but don't mention anything to anyone about it and cover yourself. Hate pricks like that you handled it better than I would dude hope u get it sorted.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys for the advise, appreciate it ;)

In terms of noise levels my S15 has a tomei ti titainium catback exhaust system. Ive still got the central box installed and it recently passed mot this year. Its no louder than it was with its original stainless steel exhaust.

Ive got a Tomei muffler with it but from what ive heard they eventually fly out of the exhaust due to the pressure build up?

Anyway, on a Monday morning im up at 4.45am ready to depart from Reading and have no complaints my end. By the time I reach Bournemouth its 7.30am and most people are already up for school and work.

As I explained to the police its only once every Monday that the car is running at 7.30am, so even the officer thought it was a bit odd that he complained so much. Plus im only living there until 10th June when my uni course ends.

I leave Bournemouth every Wednesday morning at around 9am, so again, its not that early.

Myself and my Dad own the property there whilst I believe my neighbour rents.

But even if my car is a little loud, that gives him no reason to threaten my property and especially my safety.

He most likely did it to try and scare me, but im not one to be walked over, so thats exactly why I called the poilce on him, which I gurantee he wont expect.

As said above, I have tried to reason with him and after his talk with the police, if he does try to assault me, I will defend myself!

Reaction score
Country
I'm surprised my neighbour hasn't tried this yet. Every time I leave for work at half 5 or return home from work at 6 I set his car alarm off.

Serves him right for parking his car in the space outside my house. Not my fault they have two cars and nowhere to put them.

Reaction score
Country
You handled this well, Certainly better than I would have.

You also did the right thing, I would agree and get some CCTV set up.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Very well handled. It's difficult to know what to do with scum who threaten you and your property. As much as it would be nice to smash them to death with a hammer, its just not legal........unless you frame someone else...... Anyway callin the police is the best course of action and rev the **** out of your car next Monday! :)

Reaction score
Country
Yes you did the right thing mate, well done for keeping you cool - it can be hard to deal with awkward Neighbors - doing something in the spur of the moment, like smashing his f****** face in!, you might have regretted it later down the line, as it would probably start a feud. (but i see you are not planning on staying there anyway)

I'm sure the police informed him you aren't actually breaking any laws, and they definitely would of warned him about his threatening behavior, so i wouldn't worry about any further problems from this guy.

I work shifts and come home at 6am when i'm on nights, and i make a conscious effort to be as quiet as possible, zero revs and roll up my drive, but i can imagine if you have to maneuver into your garage it could be pretty loud.

Reaction score
Country
As mentioned, sounds like you did the right thing. I would recommend that you start driving into the garage forwards. The sounds wont resonate in the garage that way which can make it worse. Also, invest in a game cam/trail cam. They cost under £150 and you just leave them turned on. They activate with movement and also work in the dark. That way if anything happens to the car you'll have photo/video to hand over to the police. Make a note of the date and time every confrontation happens along with what's been said. That's the sort of thing the police like to have.

A mate has a bung for his GTR and it does quieten it down but it still sounds awesome so that might be worth looking into.

I would also start a regimented 7:30am grass cutting program. Also, every thought of taking up the drums?? :cool:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah a bung won't hurt your car mate, as yours is non turbo too? And just bolt it in on Sunday and take it out Monday! Not too difficult to do.

Reaction score
Country
You are in the right and did exactly the right thing, informing the police from the outset was spot on. You have the right not to be intimidated into doing what some f*cknugget wants you to do to suit him and his lazy missus. There's nothing that gets my back up as much as someone thinking they can bully people into getting their own way. Get the CCTV up over your garage bud.

Reaction score
Country
Who's up for a 6am meeting at the OPs house? That'll show the neighbour what louds is! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Country
What an idiot 7:30 isn't exactly early early!

My S15 is quite loud and I have never had any complaints... If someone was to threaten me or my car though I don't think I would have taken it as lightly as you! Then again people like that don't really care and its not worth getting involved with them. You did the right thing calling the police at least now it should be on file if anything happens in the future.

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Sounds like you've got scum in your street.
They love a fight with neighbours and the smallest thing will set them off.
Just do what you do and if any damage comes to you or your property then inform the police and bring charges against him.