What's new

new manifold installation

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys i've just bought a new intake mani by that i mean it bolts onto the runners not the full manifold that bolts to the head. And i was just wondering if theres anything i need to know when installing it. precautions etc. will i need to change the gasket there because i don't have another one.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
A bit of quick gasket will do the job if you have nothing else. I'd just say make sure if all your factory systems that use the vac lines are replicated again using the right size barbs, and use new silicone tube, and check it all for leaks.

For my Mazworx mani, it puts the throttle miles from where it was before, so I want a longer throttle cable, but I very much doubt that will be a problem.

When you take your old mani off make sure to stuff some bubble wrap or similar into the inlet ports to stop anything getting down there and being eaten by the engine.

Check your IACV fits before binning the old one too. I have seen a kit that requires a bit spacer to clear the injectors i think with our S14 & S15 type of IACV