What's new

How does the s15 drive compared to s14.

Reaction score
Country
Wondering the above guys I'm saving up at the minute to put money towards my s14 sale to hopefully get a s15 I'm the new year.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It feels and looks about 20 years newer on the outside and inside!

It drives abit better in standard form due to the extra bracing on the chasis and suspension arms, making it feel tighter.

And more power in stock form

They are however basically identical underneath so therefore with a few chasis braces on a S14 and power increase they will drive very silimilarly.
But as I've said the 15 is a modern car inside and out and let's be honest, look a million times better!

Reaction score
Country
Driving wise they are a little tighter in standard form as mentioned. The power really makes very little difference as the older s14's can be made up to the same power for peanuts.

Looks are subjective ;) the interior is a much nicer place to be but then we are digressing from your original question.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Looks are subjective......to s14 owners. I have every faith that every other person in the world would say the S15 is much better looking. Lol.

You pay a lot more for the S15 and you can see why, even though they are similar, everything had been made better in stock form. So £ for £ in stock form they are vastly superior package. Bigger injectors, WMIC, chasis bracing, suspension arms, bb turbo, interior, 6 speed box.
Yes they are all small things that can be added to a 14 but hey this is the S15oc......

Reaction score
Country
Well I'm on my 3rd s14 its stage 2a and while I really like it I have always wanted a s15 but never managed so far but I'm determined I'm getting one next year.

Reaction score
Country
Looks are subjective......to s14 owners. I have every faith that every other person in the world would say the S15 is much better looking. Lol.

You pay a lot more for the S15 and you can see why, even though they are similar, everything had been made better in stock form. So £ for £ in stock form they are vastly superior package. Bigger injectors, WMIC, chasis bracing, suspension arms, bb turbo, interior, 6 speed box.
Yes they are all small things that can be added to a 14 but hey this is the S15oc......

Have you ever driven a stock 14a? the improvements are good but not ground breaking ;) This is the s15oc but that doesn't mean that everything posted on here is correct all of the time.

I love the s15 hence why I'm here but its effectively an 14a in a pretty dress so not vastly different in reality, both in standard form are not particularly pretty either IMHO.

Looks are subjective, some people like silvias some like Hondas etc so you can't judge the entire world through your own eyes either ;) I don't understand the negativity on here for the history of the silvia at times, its a real shame as I would of thought enthusiasts would of embraced the mark as a whole.

Parky, I do like the slimmer door cards its true :D

with regards to the op. best bet is to drive one for yourself tbh, if you like s14's and the looks of the s15 then in no way should you be disappointed :)

Reaction score
Country
Looks wise, I've seen some 14s that look way more awesomer than some 15s. Call me a turncoat but I think fully standard S14s or 15s look a bit dull. Modded nicely and they're both boner-worthy. Anyway this doesn't help the OP so I'll go back to watching the wind and rain. :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah I owned a stock s14a for about a month, it was an auto though. It's what made me love the 200sx, and I haven't said they are a bad car chris. I've literally just stated the S15 is a better looking car, never said it was ground breaking either man. Just said in STOCK form it was a better package.

And the body is a pretty dress! Lol.

Im not bashing on any silvia's, its just the natural progression that the S15 was the pinnacle of the chasis design. You've got to appreciate where its come from and give the S13, and S14 is credit for making one of the best coupe cars of all time.

In reality most of the cars look good modified, body kit dependant! And one mans gorgeous machine is another mans criminal damage!

Reaction score
Country
I have never even seen one in the flesh before I'd love to get a look and a shot in one.
do the drive less like a touring car than the s14 like more of a sports car

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
On standard suspension they are marginally stiffer, but still more touring than full on sports car! Nothing a set of coilovers can't help!

Reaction score
Country
The S15 is like a more polished S14 (I think anyway). Nothing is a huge leap forward but it seems everything has been tweaked to make it just that little bit better. Nothing to make you say wow (other than the looks once they've had a few mods) but it all adds up to a more grown up, 'finished' car. You can easily upgrade an S14 to be more or less the same as an S15 but....it's an S15 you want deep down so I'd say just do it!

Reaction score
Country
S15 arbs are 1mm thicker then the S14 ones. Doubt you would notice it much since both are made of weak material compared to the likes of a Whiteline one or so.
Driving wise my old S14a drove nothing different then my Spec S S15. as said they are the same car underneath. With a Spec R you probably notice some differences due to the extra bracing.
But again as said with some bracings they easily made identical.