What's new

non turbo chips?

O

ozzie

hi all ive got a 170hp s15 coupe non turbo. its a direct from japan imprt and i was wonder if i could get a chip for it to give me some more grunt. please dont tell me to get a turbo or engine transplant cause i get enough of that fromt he supra forums cause ive got a non turbo one of those too!

i am in the understanding that a spec-s is 180hp? wat the differenc? is it just a sportie map in the ecu? or is it different cams etc etc

all help appreciated

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ozzie said:
hi all ive got a 170hp s15 coupe non turbo. its a direct from japan imprt and i was wonder if i could get a chip for it to give me some more grunt. please dont tell me to get a turbo or engine transplant cause i get enough of that fromt he supra forums cause ive got a non turbo one of those too!

i am in the understanding that a spec-s is 180hp? wat the differenc? is it just a sportie map in the ecu? or is it different cams etc etc

all help appreciated
Hi and welcome to the S15oc :wave:

I don't think they are any chips for the Spec-S. So you'll have to get one custom-made. There probobly isn't that much of a power gain by doing this though.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There are three N/A S15s. The JDM Spec S (162bhp), the 200bhp Autech and the Varietta (convertible Spec S). All other models are turbocharged.

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
No chips available.. best to get a piggy back computer like emanage and tune yourself :)

Some quick tips:

1. change cams
2. install underdrive lightweight pulleys
3. install free flowing intake and exhaust
4. install headers (I will a set for sale very soon with minimal usage)
5. install Variable Fuel Pressure regulator - up the pressure a bit and then advance timing by rotating distributor cap.. but not too much :)

A very very noticeable increase in performance from this..