What's new

Who else is annoyed by the passenger car mat slipping.

Reaction score
no it BUGS THE SHIT OUTA ME TOO!!! LOL

might look into gettin' some velcor strips or something...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My rear ones annoy me. The usually get stuck under the front seats and shapes oddly.

The front ones however are pretty secure. Have you fastened them in that thing in the floor?

My foot-rest is loose so that buggers me. Just a matter of finding and tightening the bolt though.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You guys need to chill :eek: Passenger isn't in the car that often, so not a real problem for me. You could always get a set of the huge rubber mats I've got in the Hilux. They won't shift... :p

D

Derek

eron said:
I'm interested in buying a 3M car mat for both sides to fix the problem. Who else is as fussy as me!?
Annoys the fcuk outta me too. I'm always straighting it. Who here has the Silvia mats? OEM ones?? I do :cool:

V

Vandal

Yeah, I have OEM mats too. the driver's side doesn't move at all once hooked in. Same as Nicely, don't have a passenger in the car often enough to notice any problem with the passenger mat.

A

Ansch

Nicely said:
You guys need to chill :eek: Passenger isn't in the car that often, so not a real problem for me. You could always get a set of the huge rubber mats I've got in the Hilux. They won't shift... :p
Yes there are when you've got a wife :) And only the driver side got the plastic tab to lock the mat in. Should be able to get some carpet non slip things to stick on the underside of the mat?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I can't recall how the mats in the S14 worked, but I can remember that they WERE a complete PITA. Both sides. Maybe that why they added the fixing pin on the S15...

S

silviac

Yea my passenger carpet has a fat folded line!!! It's one of those that cannot go back.... :cry: :cry:

J

Jono

I bought after-market mats from Halfrauds and they don't slip too bad. They had a cut-able section around them too so I could cut the edges to shape of the footwell and make them fit better. :thumbs:

R

RyanNK

Must admit it does get to me especially when it makes a fold in the mat because it has been pushed against the side...but it doesn't get to me as much as other things..

1/. Roof rattle :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
2/. Steering wheel rattle :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
3/. Only driver side window has an automatic switch, why not make it both? I drive with both down quite often.. :mad: :mad: :mad:
4/. The passenger side floor mat :mad: :mad:
5/. The cup holders aren't big enough to hold the biggest frozen cokes at the local petrol station! :mad: :D :D

[/rant] I feel much better now!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
RyanNK said:
3/. Only driver side window has an automatic switch, why not make it both? I drive with both down quite often.. :mad: :mad: :mad:
5/. The cup holders aren't big enough to hold the biggest frozen cokes at the local petrol station! :mad: :D :D

:D

I'm with you on numbers 2), 3), and 4), steering wheel very much gets on my t**s, so much so i've thought of changing it.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
RyanNK said:
Must admit it does get to me especially when it makes a fold in the mat because it has been pushed against the side...but it doesn't get to me as much as other things..

1. nope
2. nope
3. my windows are mostly up with the ACC set to auto on 21 degrees :)
4. no problem so far. The rear passenger mats are though. (gets stuck under the seat.)
5. I don't drink in my car :)

:wave: :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Ryan, you may like this. Taken from the Response section of Autospeed:

Your article "Prime Time for S15" (Prime Time for S15) only gave the kind of problems that relate to a modded car. There are several problems that came free with the S15 as standard, but random, inclusions. Some of them are hard to locate but are easy to fix. One seems unfixable.

1. Rattle No.1 - in the steering wheel. This is caused by the springs under the horn button rattling. The common fix is to duct tape around the springs. The airbag in there requires the repair to be done carefully.

2. Rattle No.2 - in the roof lining. This masquerades as a thin rattly/squeaky sound in the dash and is very hard to pinpoint. It is caused by the waxy coating on the topside of the roof lining making/breaking contact with the roof. Pushing up on the lining above your head will silence it. A permanent fix is to stuff a foam or double-sided tape layer in there.

Both these rattles seem minor in themselves but they magnify over time. My wife's 1996 Astina Hardtop has not a single rattle after 175,000km - the Nissan had them from my original purchase at 27,000km.

3. The electric window motors fail. In the early days, Nissan would replace these under warranty with a modified motor. The problem is caused by the built-in limit switches becoming erratic. Replacement motors do not have the problem but are no longer under warranty.

4. The fuel gauge sometimes has a mind of its own and suddenly drops about a quarter tank, then it comes back to proper position. I am told that this relates to a problem in the sender unit in the tank. I've not yet got to the point of wanting to buy another sender unit as nobody can assure me the replacement unit has the problem solved.

5. The SRS (airbag) light on the dash sends crazy messages. It can intermittently decide to give any one of three different flash patterns, depending on its suddenly bizarre mood. The Nissan fix is to clear the false error code (for a fee) and send the car on its way. The problem can occur at any moment, such as driving over a pothole or simply starting the car, and it can disappear at any moment. It can be okay for months or it can happen nearly every

day. Each time it needs the ECU error cleared again, etc, etc. Driving with a bright red LED flashing at you soon becomes very distracting - try it at night...

The S15 is a fun car to drive. The already pretty good handling of mine was revolutionised by front strut tower brace and a Whiteline camber bolt and swaybar kit. For all the fun, the flashing SRS problem has sometimes brought me close to selling it.

D

Derek

RyanNK said:

1 2 4 and 5 for me........ In Ireland we d'ont get to put down our windows normally cold. 5 isn't a big deal. Occassionally drink in car.

S

S15R

RyanNK said:

1. No
2. Winter Yes!
3. I dont think any car has this as standard?
4. I blame on the passenger not the mat lol
5. Its big enough, i dont drink or eat in my car, normally i put my phone and wallet in the cup holders

The rattles from the dash/cheap interior that scratched 2nd day i got it from nissan, oh well i dont care everytime i floor it i put a smile on my face-->:D