What's new

MBC and EBC. WHich is better?

Reaction score
Website
www.imperial-concepts.com
Hi bros,

Just wondering, if the manual boost controller or the Electronic boost controller is better?
Some say that a manual boost controller has better response. Have not tried a manual one before. Any comments?

Anyone here tried both before and what are the Diff? which is better?
:thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I found more lag with an MBC. An EBC will give you far more accurate and controllable boost. Depending on the controller, this can be fine tuned to specific boost at specific revs. You can also get other engine readings on the EBC, like revs, speed, duty, etc.

A

Ansch

it depends what sort of MBC you're talking about.. I've tried gfb bleed type mbc, a ball & spring type MBC, and now a greddy profec B sII. All three types I tried held boost ok. The bleed type gave the worse boost response because it will always send boost signal to the actuator. The ball & spring type works better and gave better boost response because it kept the wastegate close until the predetermined boost level is reached. If you're going for a mbc, I'd recommend the ball and spring type.

When I upgraded to the profec, I found the boost response was the best. Fast boost build up and you can control and fine tune any boost spike out. Can have two level boost that you can control in cabin and I can turn it off to actuator boost when the car is in workshops etc. Just more bells and whistles.. all depends how much you want to spend really..