Oil Specification to be used in an S15 Spec-S SR20DE

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It an N/A though. The ratings aren't in the manual. You should be able to go off whatever is used in an SR20DE Primera :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just a word of warning. Oilman is a salesman first and an information resource second. Not every thing he says is gospel. :)

Reaction score
Simon from Opioils has recommended the following:

For daily drivers unmodded or with mild mods, we recommend 5w-40 synthetic.

Fuchs Titan Supersyn 5w-30
Motul 8100 5w-40
Silkolene Pro S 5w-40
Motul 300V 5w-40

For modded/track cars we recommend stepping to a 10w-50 like Silkolene Pro S 10w-50 to cope with more stress and heat.

Reaction score
Just looked up the oil for use in the Primera GT and Sport+ and it's 5w 40. I'd go with the Silkolene Pro S.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd go for any industry standard fully synth. SXOC laboratory analysis tests have proven there is very little between them. So, unless you are hammering it round the track regularly, they are all fine. This also goes for the 3k mile oil change myth. All modern fully synths are quite capable of working efficiently well beyond 6k miles....

Reaction score
Its amazing the amount of reading I have and I'm sure others have done regarding which oil to use. I have never seen so many reasons been given on the SXOC forum and other forums.

I thought it would be either 5w30/40 or 10w30/40 so I was on the mark. I agree with Nicely unless you are in competition racing then there isn't much in it between them all.

Having a non-turbo N/A engine does make you think differently now. That SR20DET has got to come eventually :D