What's new

Thinking of selling up to fund a house, what kind of money would be sensible???

Reaction score
Country
Looking at selling up so I can put together a large deposit on a house. Not in a massive rush to sell but just want some views and opinions on what I should be putting it up for??? Few pictures and spec list;

car will come with 12 months MOT, 12 Months tax and 38,000 miles on the clock

Mod List;

Tein Superstreet Coilovers
Tein Top Mounts
Koyo N Flow Radiator
Apex Twin 12" Fan Set
Apex polished Fan Shroud
Autobahn 88 Intercooler
Autobahn 88 Intercooler piping
Garage D (Quafe) Racing Gearbox
Garage D Tension Rod Polly Bush
Custom Battery Tray
Relocated battery to the boot
Custom chassis setup by A-Line
HKS High Power Silent Exhaust
Custom Decat
HKS Downpipe
Japspeed Manifold
Japspeed Turbo Elbow
Splitfire Coilpacks
HKS Racing Induction Kit
HKS induction pipe
HKS Limited Edition SSQV
HKS Turbo Timer
HKS EVC-S Boost controller
Walbro Fuel Pump
Exedy Paddle Clutch
Driftworks lightweight Flywheel
Driftworks Braided Turbo Oil Lines
Driftworks Braided Coolant lines
Driftworks Braided Clutch Line
Driftworks Braided Brake Lines
Driftworks Camber Arms
Driftworks Toe Arms
Bee*R Rev Limiter
Bride Gias Low Max II
Front & Rear upper strut braces
Mocal 19 row oil cooler
Sparco Mugello Steering Wheel With launch control and horn wired into buttons
NRG Boss
Nismo Gear Knob
Custom Gear Gaitor
Samco Recirculation Pipe
Autobahnn88 Orange Hoses
Custom Painted Rocker Cover
HID headlights
18 AVS Model 5 Custom Finish
Falken 452's 245/40/18
Eonon double din headunit
Ferdo Brake Pads
Full Genuine Aero Kit
Origin Tail lights
Carbon Cooling Panel
Custom S15VEA Regerstration
3D gel plates
5 Layer Fitted car cover

The car is in mint condition! I am the only UK owner, it is serviced every 4k or every 6 months which ever is sooner. All fluids have been changed during owner ship. I undersealed the car when I first got it so there is literally not a spot of rust on the car on top or underneath. From anyone who has seen the car it's is immaculate throughout :D

The car is kept in a garage under a cover and is taken off the road all together from October-March to avoid the salt on the roads. It has also very rarely been driven in the rain to again retain its condition

So what do we think???

I had an idea of between £10-11k????

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Love this motor. Would go to a collector somewhere like Craig's did!

Reaction score
Country
i would have said nearer 12k with that mileage, mods and the bonus of full aero kit. I know its not everyones cup of tea (i like it) but it does add value to the car

Reaction score
Country
Well I think even if I put it up for twelve I am unsure I will get it, as there are ones with much higher spec than mine for that? Going on holiday soon so on when I'm back I will give it a full detail and getting it looking spotless. Then will advertise on here and piston heads. So if anyone is interested just drop me a Pm! I am gutted I have to sell it as it has been such a good car and hasn't skipped a beat during my ownership. I will miss it massively but needs must :( Who ever it goes to they will be getting one hell of a car and will be hard pressed to find another in equal condition for any amount of money! :)

Reaction score
Country
Yeh I know what you mean pal, I know it puts nothing into perspective but I'd pay 11k for that easy and I'm younge and broke haha. But I bought a spec r 3 month ago.

Reaction score
Country
not worth much, I'll do you a favour and do a straight swap for a mk4 golf ;)

In all seriousness, Its a very clean looking car, cant say I'm a fan of the steering wheel,
But the alloys :smitten: god I love the Advan T5's.

It should bring a good price, always advertise for more to let people knock you down a bit, especially if your not in a rush to sell.
If I had the money and a double garage I'd snatch it off you.

Best of luck :)

Reaction score
Country
Just re-read the spec, does it have a 5speed in it? And do you have proof of the quafe box? Just as these things are very rare and worth a lot of money. I know if I was buying I'd want to see proof.

Reaction score
Country
Just re-read the spec, does it have a 5speed in it? And do you have proof of the quafe box? Just as these things are very rare and worth a lot of money. I know if I was buying I'd want to see proof.
Its a Six Speed Garage D converted box. The conversion is done by quaife :) But I have a full receipt for the gearbox, paddle clutch, flywheel and braided hose and fitting by garage D :) Including the fluid which is redline lightweight shockproof :)

Reaction score
Country
Oh so it's a six speed with quaife internals? That's cool, didnt expect something like that to be fitted with your cars spec, unless you were planning to run serious power down the line?

How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Pm me if you would prefer :)

Reaction score
Country
I like to build reliability before power, the plan was to switch to a top mount turbo running around 400bhp. I knew if I built the car to that spec cheap it would have ended in trear's! However with a change in plans hopefully someone can continue the project where I have left off :)

I gave them my perfect standard six speed plus £500. So I suppose if you take Into account mine was worth £500 say I suppose you could say its worth around the £1k mark + the paddle clutch and lightweight flywheel. The box is awesome though, has a slight straight cut box sounding whine to it, sounds really impressive at low speeds! I have done around 4k with the box fitted and it has no sign of giving up so I'm really impressed with it :)

Reaction score
Country
That's interesting, through garage d you say?

Im only asking as I blew my 6 speed up and have just fitted another, but it really needs something with a stinger box to handle the power.

Reaction score
Country
I would put it up for 12k firm.

its a nice clean well spec'd car you can buy an average one for 9k with 80k on the clock!

I paid 11k for mine which was Darren's with 56k on the clock it's very clean and well spec'd and I was happy to pay that.

dont drop the price as some one will buy it as very good s15's are rare! Plus if you start dropping the price it affects everyone as people will assume they can get one 'cheap' so all the good cars will take a huge hit then the average cars will be worth civic money..

that we don't want your car is right up the top bracket and so it should be its a lovely example.

Reaction score
Country
I will put it up at £11,995 and see what interest I get, not in any hurry so will just put it up and leave it till the right buyer comes along :) Will not sell to someone who has no rear wheel drive experience or who wears a Burberry baseball cap!!

Reaction score
Country
May take a while but like Darren's I come along and wanted a good one and paid the right price for one..I would give you 12k for yours if I never had one lol.

fact is these cars command a premium as they are sleek fast and rare cars if we drop the price that will make value plummet and make them not better then a subaru!

yours is good...don't take any less it will sell to the right person :)

lee