What's new

GT-R or S15?

B

Bazooqa

I' am confused wichone should I own..?
a SKYLINE GT-R or a SILVIA Spec-R S15...
Any recommendations plz ..
:confused:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
SILVIA S15 SPEC R :D
silly question to as on thie forum hehe i know its a hard choice i too did think of a GT-R but its too common for me

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Really depends on what you want.

The GTR would be better if you just consider performance.
The Silvia is cheaper to run and looks better if you ask me :)

It's also the question of 4WD vs RWD. I find RWD very much fun :)

I suspect you are considering the R33GTR vs the S15 Spec-R as they are in the same pricerange.

I was thinking about getting a GTR before I bought the S15.
But I wanted something rarer and really loved the exterior and interior of the S15.
The fact it came with a tried and tested engine was also an upside.

But it's up to you what kind of car you want. Don't let performance be the only judge unless that's all you want. But then non of these cars would be the best choice.

Reaction score
The S15 looks better inside and out, it's cheaper to work on (and less costly to repair), arguably more fun on the track and it's newer and hopefully - less likely to have been abused. Have you been in a GTR? Unless they're putting out at least 400hp - they're boring. Go with the s15 - you won't regret it :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I considered a Skyline too. Took about 10 seconds to disregard it. Costs and rarity (as in lack-of) being the main reasons.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
me too me too most of the frds i know who had sports car were guess what all skylines.....i wanted to stick out from the crowd hehe :cool:

T

tigerbay

Hehe i have a GTR and 600 bhp gives me fun all round, but i still want an S15 too i want the best of both worlds so to speak ;) , my car never stops surprising me though, the quickest neck to neck race so far was a porsche gt3 well i took him twice but started neck to neck and i wont tell you speeds :eek: :D , but i miss the back end action of a like you say guys , Rare S15 , and cant wait to get my asss into the driving seat of one when i can afford it that is. Roll on o lottery winning ticket :p

J

Jono

I wouldn't get an R33 GT-R coz everytime I saw an R34 GT-R I'd feel dissapointed with my purchase. I don't ever feel dissapointed in the S15! :D

This is how :ghey: I am, but how much i love the car... I had two kids on push bikes stop dead at traffic lights when they saw my car... they were mouthing through the window "Nice car mate" and just sat oggling it for ages. So I gave them a treat and popped the exhaust a few times which had them laughing :p Then they asked if I'd wheel spin it for them. Now usually I wouldn't but they were just so amazed and as it's Xmas, I did it! You should have seen their faces, it was fun just to make some kids smile! :D

T

tigerbay

We have pics of a luuuuurvley black/white wheels S15 on the GTR forum, a few guys are chating about them on there, only praise they love em too, im iching to get mine but not yet, ive toy'd with selling me GTR but i cant i love it to bits, its soooooo much of n animal, but i am counting the days till i get me an S15, if it were a standard GTR i would sell it in a heart beat, but it aint :D :D :D ,, so i aint ;) , soz guys for blabing im just excited about my new project in the wings :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
tigerbay said:
Yakozan said:
tigerbay said:
We have pics of a luuuuurvley black/white wheels S15 on the GTR forum.....
i don't know what you're talking about :wave: :D ;)
Is that your car Yak, its bloody lurvley :thumbs:
If it's this thread it my car :)
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/66751-yakozans-jdm-s15-spec-r-skyline-r33-gts-t.html

The other black S15 wasn't bad either. I would loose the wing and mesh though.
otherwise it was spot on :)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/66735-gauds-silvia-s15.html

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
This is a black version on how my car look when i picked it up (apart from the wing)

I need to get those wheels again :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
This is a black version on how my car look when i picked it up (apart from the wing)

I need to get those wheels again :nod:
You also need alot of black paint :D
The offset on those rims look abit better compared to your old ones :p