What's new

Nissan Silvia S15 Spec S Engine Bay Cleanup ;)

Reaction score
Country
Decided to save up some money this summer and clean up the engine bay on my S15.

So I went ahead and purchased a new Fujitsubo manifold for a bit of extra power and also had the Cam Cover sprayed mint green.

The manifold work was all done by Horsham Developments followed by a Dyno run with the Spec S putting out 155bhp.

Unfortunately it turned out that the rear tyres were extremely worn (down to the thread), so we recon it may potentially do 160bhp with new performance tyres, which I have now ordered (TOYO's).

A remap was meant to go ahead after the mainfold fitting, but due to the layout of my particular ECU in the Spec S it could not be done, unless I purchase a Primera ECU :(

Heres the pics:

Reaction score
Country
lol. All I was saying was that my tyres were preety bald. If I had had tyres at the time with some decent tread the car may have performed better on the rolling road due to better traction. Plus for £50 you only get 2 runs on the dyno and each run I had the BHP read out was going up, so who knows.

But the main idea was to clean up the engine bay, so Im happy. Not looking to make a racing car with a non turbo, too expensive ;)

Reaction score
did you ever see a spec s with the pipe off a front mount fitted to the intake looks so much cleaner
if you put the battery it the boot then then you could put the filter the other side of the engine would make it way cleaner