What's new

cam upgrade?

Reaction score
Country
been seeing a few s15's with aftermarket cams and its pretty impressive how much more power they give. Just wondering what are some of the best cams to get and what prices? thinking about saving up for some. Everyone loves a lumpy idle

Reaction score
Country
i've got alot of supporting mods at 245kw/330hp atm. Not sure if i want to upgrade springs and valves all depends about cost and most of the time you nearly have to upgrade them otherwise it won't take long for them to stuff out.

Reaction score
Tomei Pon Cams are good drop in cams for the power you want and you can still use the stock springs. They put less pressure on you VCT gear as well.

Reaction score
Country
As above the simplest swap are 256 poncams. If you want more aggressive cams it gets more expensive with the requirement for uprated valve springs/retainers. If you go down this route the the procam range is good and allows you to go for a properly customised set up. Don't forget to replace the rockers when replacing cams also.

Reaction score
Country
I agree, I'd look for a set of 256 poncams (or a Greddy set of Easy Cams). Stepping up to a 264 is when you'll want to start looking at springs other items...

Reaction score
There will be a slight bump in the idle, power, depends on your tuner, mostly torque in the mid to higher rev range