What's new

Don't buy fakes of fakes, buy our fakes.

Reaction score
Country
Makes me laugh when I think of their copying of Japanese rims..Love this

This image is as old as time and can be battled with pictures of jdm wheels that have also shattered after hitting a curb at 70mph sideways. The only problem is that slating jdm wheels (some of which I love) isn't cool ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well I have to say I have Rotas and love them but I have had to replace 2 wheels now due to hair line cracks and I NEVER drift the car or go anywhere near kurbs ,only usual road driving after maybe 1.5 years. The new one have been fine though and to be fair Any wheel would smash hitting a kurb lol

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Do you work is PR for Rota Chris?!

Again, you cannot fault they're quality but that isn't the reason I started this thread. It was purely for the irony involved around a company making a cheaper version of another companies product and then getting on their high horse about it.

This simply wouldn't happen in other products so its hard to make a comparison but you imagine another company making a iPhone, identical but cheaper. Which would people buy. On the subject why is it that Ray's etc never did anything about the designs? Can wheel design not be copyrighted?

Reaction score
Country
Ha ha I'd be useless if I worked in pr, I don't have the volcabulary:D

I know a few of the guys at rota europe and know how much work they put in so can see the argument from the other side. I like the wheels and feel that someone needs to stand up for them and fight their corner as tbh it seems cool to attack what is actually a pretty decent company (well at least the parts i've seen over here).

Reaction score
Country
How are rota's not a quality wheel?
Short form, I prefer a company who uses quality materials, and produces forged rims. Has Rota stepped up their manufacturing processes? Yes, I'll give you that, but they are cheap for a reason.

This simply wouldn't happen in other products so its hard to make a comparison but you imagine another company making a iPhone, identical but cheaper. Which would people buy. On the subject why is it that Ray's etc never did anything about the designs? Can wheel design not be copyrighted?
They have changed some of the designs over the years since people are buying Rotas and slapping Rays stickers on them, faking the funk.

You're going to start seeing the branding lazer etched into the rims...

Reaction score
Country
Not all jdm wheels are forged don't forget, even some of the "originals" are cast and if you compare like for like then rota are of equal quality ;) some just can't see past the jdm tag.

Reaction score
Country
Yes I understand that not all JDM wheels are forged. And even when they are, they can be done differently. I'm only speaking on what I look for in a wheel.

Anyways, lets move past this and enjoy the very sweet irony in this...