What's new

Engine swap to RB25DET, What's my SR Worth??

Reaction score
Country
Seriously looking into an engine swap on my S15. At the moment I'm looking at an RB25DET from an R34 GTT. My question is how much is my SR worth with the gearbox and ancillary's. Will include spitfire coil packs, garage d strengthened box, stage 3 Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel???

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
What is the spec buddy? 15-1600 for a box and standard sr no turbo with clutch etc i reckon 2k . would probably fetch more selling it all seperately bud . How you found the box since having the work done? If you would consider splitting I would be interested in the box , or if you want to sell with a box maybe swap plus cash your way?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The box hasn't given me any problems at all. The only way you would know it is any different from stock is the slight whine you get, a bit like a straight cut gearbox but not quite as loud. Sounds awesome!:D Have done around 5k with it fitted now including some track days and hasn't skipped a beat! I would only split if I had buyers for everything else. I would be selling the turbo, manifold elbow and few other bits also as I wouldn't be able to utilise them with the new engine. As I say it's low mileage so it's all pretty mint! Turbo has no play other than what is expected 0.5mm ishhh??

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Maybe 2.5k then mate I would say but seriously think you could sell the parts separately for more Is just a hit more hassle I guess . Just don't think there are many people about at the moment willing to spend that much but single parts sell quick. Could always list it at a high price see what offers you get and if no one comes in then split it last resort. Well if you do end up splitting it mate the offer is there

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cool man, I looked at an rb myself but decided to stick with the sr In the end. Why are you swapping anyway mate?

Reaction score
Country
Tbh I'm just a big kid and love the noise :wack: Plus I would like to run a top mount setup at around 400-450bhp and the skyline will cope with that power better than the SR :D I prefer to run an engine for reliability rather than going for silly power. A 400bhp SR is a pretty serious engine build. Easier to just swap it out for the RB!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha same reason I wanted one, the noise! Ha ha fair play mate I reckon you could have a really nice set up for about 2-3 k so yeah guess does make aense They also look really nice in the bay! Making me reconsider now ha ha

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
once my sr dies im going to break new ground..........20Bpp N/A - around the 300kw mark, ringing its nuts off it at 10k, its the madest sound, huge torque, plenty of power at all revs