What's new

My 8:22 BTG lap of the 'ring.

Reaction score
Country

Some of you may find this interesting. Possibly the fastest documented lap of the ring in an S15?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks. Tyres are federal RS-R 215 and 235. Power is just under 240whp. The car which went past me was a BMW e36 m3, I had a look at it the day after this lap and it was pretty metal spec! Basically a race car. He was bloody quick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Great Lap Andy! very impressive time! I knew a low 8 Minute lap would be possible.

When i went for the first time this year i only did four laps. 1st-10.10 - 2nd-9.17 - 3rd-8.55 - 4th-This would of been my fastest lap but yellow flags in two sections ruined the time but i was in attack mode lol, one of the more fun laps. Wish i could of got a few more laps in.
How many laps have you clocked up now Andy? What section do you enjoy the most?

Here are my laps dude
http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/12354-Nurburgring-Trip-2013-Videos

Yeah most of the quick cars around there were Bmw M3's lol

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Dave. That was my 3rd lap of my second trip, so my 12th lap in all. To be honest, I'm very happy with the time but I don't have a desire to do a lap that quick again any time soon. Much more stressful than enjoyable. I definitely did not enjoy that particular lap. Especially with relatively low power, you've got to go flat in a lot of places to keep speed up. I much preferred my later laps of this trip which were high 8's. Way more fun.

My favourite part of the track would probably be from the start of the lap to Aremburg. I know that section the best so I can push quite hard with relative safety. A lot of it is slower and more technical too. I find the last third the most exciting though, from the karusell onwards. Lots of fast flowing corners which really reward you if you have the balls to carry the speed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I know exactly what you mean, Your putting a lot on the line doing a hot lap, and chasing a time is increasing that risk even further.
I had reservations going out again before i left, but i did - my 4th lap. With the two crashes on that lap, i thought it might be telling me something lol, so even though i felt disappointed at not getting a nice clear flying lap, i left it at that. After all - i had used up all my luck on the 2nd lap i think :rolleyes:

Yes that's my favorite Andy, the more technical sections after the Karussell. With grippy tyres it felt awesome, you could push hard.
With 276bhp@0.85BAR it was very controllable and I didn't seem to break traction once the tyres were warm, and as a package I felt the S15 was well suited to the track, apart from feeling a little slow on some sections, mainly the long up hill section before the Karussel.

It's now 310bhp which i would of thought would be enough around there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Mine makes almost identical power to that at the fly so we were probably running very similar setups. Easily the best thing I have done to mine between trips is the tyres though, they let me down last year and it made a massive difference this year being able to carry speed. Never struggled with traction.

Yeah, the uphill is tough but again its all about carrying the speed. My car just sat at 120 the whole time up there when I was flat out with a good run.

Also, i found quite a big difference in my knowledge doing a lap this fast - I mean, when I was at high 8's there were still areas where you can get away with not knowing the track that well. Once you get sub 8:30 it felt to me like my lack of intricate track knowledge was becoming a factor. At those kind of speeds, it was a huge hindrance not knowing exactly where the turn in point is or exactly where the braking point is or exactly how much speed I know I can carry around this corner. You get my point but its weird how going only just over 5% faster overall made the whole thing seem disproportionately more challenging. I guess that's why it's the most difficult racetrack in the world!

Last edited: