What's new

Bad day (brick into my window)!!

K

kieran

just a note to say i have used these guys in ireland they are very good :thumbs:

Reaction score
Really bad day today, on the way to work some jealous ba*$ard decided to throw a brick into my rear passenger side window and shattered it. Really annoy now as I have done nothing to provoke them, they turned left and I couldnt even get their number plate.

does anyone know where I can get these replacement from, they are like blacked out as well from Nissan, bet they are expensive.

Nicely,

If you know the part number for this windscreen, please let me know so I can ring Nissan todat to see if I can order them.

Many thanks guys...... :mad:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's a shitter! What is it with these retards?! :rant:

I can't get the part number till this evening :( I wouldn't guarantee being able to get one from Nissan in a hurry either. Plus, if its darkened, its had the darkened option. Nissan GB may not be able to get that. Perfectrun may be a quicker option.

Wait to see if any of the others have access to FAST during the day. If not, PM my your chassis number and I'll take a look tonight. As a guideline, S14 rear quarter glass is about ?320. This is another reason to try Perfectrun....

Reaction score
?320!! I hope you are kidding me.

What if I try claiming of my insurance then I will only pay ?50 excess. But then I am not sure what glass will they give me, probably some clear ones.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm afraid I'm not kidding :cry: I got one changed on the S14. It was under insurance. Not sure how easily a windscreen place will get an S15 item. They just get it from Nissan.

When I got the S15 front screen changed, it was a three day thing, but this was because it had been ordered in Europe before. Didn't get any tinting options.

Working on FAST. Think I may have worked out a way to get it to function at work :D

J

Jordan

JP825 said:
?320!! I hope you are kidding me.

What if I try claiming of my insurance then I will only pay ?50 excess. But then I am not sure what glass will they give me, probably some clear ones.
In my opinion mate it would be best to claim on insurance. windscreen excess doesn't bump up your insurance premium even though some people think it does...

Then once your window is sorted, you could take it to a tinting firm who can probably match the tint from the other side for about 20-30 quid :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The problem is whether or not the glass has been ordered in Europe before. If it hasn't, it could take 3-6 weeks for Nissan to get it. Order it from Nissan Japan direct and it will probably be half the price and be with you in a week.

J

Jordan

well i hope you get it sorted dude.... hate jealous t*ssers like that. Shame you didnt catch a numberplate..

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the comments, I will see what I can do in terms of ordering through Japan. Is perfectrun good then? I have never order through them before, should I just send them an email with the part number. Are they good in replying emails, coz I know a lot of traders in Japan doesnt really like typing english ( I guess).

I am still unsure about reporting to the police, because I know they probably wont do anything. Although his car is quite distinctive with a big red stripes on his front windscreen. What you think?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
JP825 said:
Thanks guys for the comments, I will see what I can do in terms of ordering through Japan. Is perfectrun good then? I have never order through them before, should I just send them an email with the part number. Are they good in replying emails, coz I know a lot of traders in Japan doesnt really like typing english ( I guess).

I am still unsure about reporting to the police, because I know they probably wont do anything. Although his car is quite distinctive with a big red stripes on his front windscreen. What you think?
perfectrun are good. They do reply emails. You could try Japanparts too. same story there.

Try finding a solution with your insurance company. If they can save some money I'm sure they'll listen :)
there is that company in Ireland (can'tm remember the name) who has a couple of smashed up S15s. Maybe they have a spare window? It'll be second hand though.

Edit: I think the name of the salvage company was Euroautosalvage or something like that.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jordan said:
Euro Autosalvage is indeed in Ireland:

Unit 4 Aughavey Business Park,
Aughavey Road,
Coagh,
Cookstown,
County Tyrone,
Northern Ireland,
BT80 0DX

Mark:- 077361-26900
Trevor:- 07710080887

Click here for part list:

http://www.euroautosalvage.co.uk/salvage.htm

They're breaking 3 s15's

:thumbs:
Thats the one :)

Looks like all the S15 they're breaking has got the tinted rear windows :)

J

Jordan

ok i'm so bored at work i thought i'd be pro-active for ya..... :)

spoke to the guy at euro autosalvage, the window will cost you ?40 quid plus P+P.

He says however that the last one they took out was very difficult and they had to cut the rear quarter to get it out.... :wack:

I told him I was asking on behalf of a friend so if you want him to go ahead and get one for you JP, ring him on:

02886 766550

He will then rip it out and post it to ya.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep. Its a case of them having to be ripped off by brute force. The bonding is very strong. The glass, believe it or not, is also very strong.

Just be wary. When you get a new quarter glass, it comes with a fitting kit, which comprises rubber mounts, screws, plugs, etc. If any of these get damaged when being removed from either car, it won't be possible for the glass to be re-bonded properly.

I've got FAST up and running at work now, so if you want to let me have you chassis number (via PM), I'll get you the part number. Which side is it?

Reaction score
:notworthy:

You guys are amazing, thanks very much.

I have ordered through them already and it should be here on friday. Hopefully I will then get the autoglass people or similar to fit it. I hope it all goes well.

Thanks Nicely, I will have to try the cheaper option first. I presume all they will send me is just the glass, and everything will be reuse. hope it will all goes well.... :rolleyes:

Its the passenger side BTW, will the chassis number be much different then using yours?? Just out of curiosity?