What's new

Rocker cover baffle question / powder coat question

Reaction score
Country
Lads,

going to get my rocker cover powdercoated and wondered if I need to remove the riveted baffles from the underneath of the cover?

one of the, has a plastic oil outlet which I believe will get melted to all **** when in the oven.

advice please lads! I know some of you have had your covers coated so any help is appreciated :)

Reaction score
Country
I was wanting to do this too and wondered about them

Reaction score
Country
Remove everything plastic yes.

Also I would advise not to get it blasted....unless its beed blasted, you don't want to risk any bits of grit or sand getting into your engine no matter how well its apparently cleaned after! Oh and make sure its not powder coated on the underside either...

TBH your better off just spraying it yourself...if you take your time you can do a fantastic job with spray cans..

Reaction score
Country
Ok thanks guys. Well it's already been based so too late to avoid that. May as well get it powdercoated now, spray cans in my experience never hold up to anything. Anyway anyone successfully had theirs powdercoated?

Reaction score
Country
Spray it. If you do plan to get it media blasted make sure it's bolted down to a plank of wood with all the breathers and oil filler plugged as the last thing you want is media being caught in the cover and killing your engine.

If you get it painted properly it's quite resilient and prob no more expensive than powder coating.