What's new

D-Max 50/50 Lights... Not very bright?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Sounds like the load resistors in the light assemblies are the wrong value. Try putting 12v directly across the lights and see how bright they are. You may need someone who knows a little about car electrics to give you a hand.

Reaction score
Country
Do the LED's have a greater load than standard bulbs? I'll try wiring them straight up to a 12V supply first, but I'm wondering, I have interior led strips in the door cards that come on when the main beam is turned on, is it possible they're robbing some power from the rear lights?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
maybe for the tail lights, but I doubt it. The stop lights have a different circuit.

Reaction score
Country
They're bright at night, but ****e at day. The offside replacement light arrived (other arrived broken), fitted that and it's exactly the same. So seems it's not the units. Need to get them hooked straight up to a battery.

Reaction score
Country
I wondered this as well, Ive noticed mine not being as bright as they should be for daytime operation. There is another style LED taillight and the LED portion seems to be a better design and for light output. I have been contemplating on finding a set to retrofit into the 50/50's...

Reaction score
Country
No! I forgot all about it to be honest, thanks for the reminder ha...
Only because I'm having the opposite of your problem lol mine look too bright, like as if I were hitting the brake pedal, and no change when pressing the pedal.

Reaction score
Country
I wonder if the circuit board inside them is just a bit crap, I need to get a multimeter on the plugs and see what they're putting out, but the standard lights were fine.

Reaction score
Country
I wonder if the circuit board inside them is just a bit crap, I need to get a multimeter on the plugs and see what they're putting out, but the standard lights were fine.
Same here, seems weird. It'll be kinda hard to exchange them since I bought them from Japan lol I hope dmax usa will exchange them if I don't find anything wrong with my circuit.