What's new

Poorly maintained UK road cracked my body kit. So annoyed :(

Reaction score
Country
So once again, the UK roads have taken there toll on my newly fitted body kit and right before the Japshow on Sunday 30th :(

The goverment really does need to concentrate on maintining some of these roads, as I swear some of them are getting worse year in year out.

The amount of potholes and raised roads is just stupid.

Until yesterday evening, my cars front body kit was mint.

All I did was go for a casual drive to go withdraw some money and travel down the same roads I usually go down in my area, one of which was a slightly bumpy ride but seemed fine at the time.

But when I got home and had a look at the front of my car, I noticed some cracking in the fibre glass, which at this point really annoyed me :(

We all pay a lot of money out for these cars and then drive them down roads, which arnt maintained at all by the local council and cause damage to our vechiles, which we are then expected to pay out for.

Sorry for the long speech, but I look after my car day in and day out and it just makes me soooo angry when my car gets damaged.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Happens here in Australia, our road taxes go into "consolidated revenue" and we see nothing put back into maintenace

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I agree the roads are crap over here, but with fiberglass body kits they all do crack eventually.. mine is in need of a re-respray/patch up..

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Can you claim?

Go find a big dip or lump and take some pictures. Then take pictures of the damage and then ring your council for a claims form.

Worth a try

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ha ha ^^ I wish you could claim but they will just say its due to the fibreglass. As it is really. With a standard plastic bumper it wouldn't have happened!

Reaction score
Country
It is worth a try, my friend hit a curb in his focus and it put a bulge in his sidewall. He took a picture of some dirty great pot hole and said it had damaged the tyre and the rim. The council paid out. You have nothing to lose at the end of the day

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys for your help. To be honest the damage isnt that bad. Its just cracked the fibre glass underneath the bodykit, so you cant see it, unless you really look underneath.

But I may contact the local council anyway, as the road has a really raised hump in the area where my car took damage, when it shouldnt, it may even push them to resurface that particular area, which would be nice ;)

If they do pay up, atleast that saves me the £100 to get it removed, re-fibre glassed and resprayed at my local paint paint shop.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
I'll make sure i bring my big pink highlighter to SP on sunday to alert everyone to the damage haha

Reaction score
Country
So, I went down to my local council office during work today at lunch to go and talk to them regarding my prang.

Fairly straight forward, I simply sat down at her desk and said look love, I gotta proposistion for ya. Ive pranged my car on your road and I need your money to pay for the repair.

Gave her the old winkity wink and ended the convo with much love goodnight ;)

Well it went somewhat like that anyway lol, simply put she took all my details and will have a claims form forwarded to my email address for me to fill out. Once filled out she said it shouldnt take too long for them to look into it.

Not holding my breathe, but it would be nice to have some money towards getting the kit repaired/resprayed.

Thanks again guys for your advise, as always, really helpful.

Oh and JDM_Virgin, bring a green highlighter, I dont really like pink :(

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
The roads round where I live are terrible, so many sunken drain covers and pot holes it's unreal!

I read in the paper not long back some guy got that fed up reporting pot holes and them never getting fixed that he bagan spray painting fluorescent yellow circles around each hole until they fixed them..

I wish our roads were nice and flat and perfect like some countires...I think america has much better roads than us, not sure how when they dont pay road tax...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
My mate bent a rim driving through a pothole took a photo of it and claimed back the cost of the wheel and tyre on his car so always a chance, know its a bit different wheel to bumper lol but still

Lai

Reaction score
Country
I read in the paper not long back some guy got that fed up reporting pot holes and them never getting fixed that he bagan spray painting fluorescent yellow circles around each hole until they fixed them..
That..........is a great idea!

Sent from Lai-Phone using Tapatalk