What's new

SR20DE uprated cams recommendations!!!

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

Looking to get uprated cams fitted into my SR20DE engine.

Not sure what cams to go for, as I would like a bit more power, but I dont want to forgo low rpm power. Something balanced I guess is what im looking for. More responsivness.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be greatful.

And please no posts telling me to go turbo, im not looking to make a monster car just yet ;)

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
tomei make a cam upgrade for the DE, but it has to go with ECU, injectors, fuel supply, free flow headers + 2" exhaust for it to work properly otherwise you will get very little gain for alot of money.

for the less money you could just go get a P11 VE head and oil pump (might need a custom exhaust manifold), throw a VE ecu in there and you have gone from 165bhp to 200bhp, or track down one of the elusive but costly DE engines made by autech they are a straight bolt in and also have 200bhp.

or guess what................................ even less money and more power, go and get a $#@!%

Reaction score
Country
Lol, I see what you did there in your last sentence.

Thanks for the advise, I had come across Tomei cams before and they seemed pretty decent.

Looking further into it, I have come across some Tomei cams suitable for my S15 SR20DE engine (Tomei camshafts poncam SR20DE)

It states on the website that they are also drop in and are designed to work with the stock valve train and ECU. With greater performance in the low rpm range and high rpm range.

These look like the sort of thing I'm after, would you recommend these ones?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/tomei-camshafts-poncam-sr20de-61964

Not too bad at £236 either.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
I really wouldn't bother with cams for an sr20de. I can't imagine the gain would be worth while.

Reaction score
Country
that high strung DE is making 215hp at the wheels so 250-260 at the fly, which is pretty impressive for a DE, but the money you have to spend to get a DE like that is alot

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well in a ford fiesta st 2.0. With cams, springs, full exhaust and intake, and reflash of the ecu, the gain is.....35bhp on the montune kit. All that cost £3890 fitted.

Now.... That's a lot of money for not much gain! But it's a lot more responsive and sounds faster!

But i do love the sound of a NA engine as turbo engine sound poor in comparison!