What's new

Picture request, 17's on a spec r.

Reaction score
Country
Basically I have been offered a swap on my current wheels for a set of 17x9 and 17x10 rega's. just wondering wether 17's will be too small?
The car is running spec r aero too.

Cheers.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I think they defo would look too small, perfect for me would be 19 on back 18 on front. As I think my 18's look small on the back!

Reaction score
Country
Markturbo is running 17's but he doesn't have the spec r aero which is deeper, can't find pictures anywhere of one running 17's

Reaction score
Country
I run 17's on mine, they don't look that bad!

I do plan on lowering it a bit more soon though and I would love 18x9.5 / 10 at the back.

Reaction score
Country
Basically I have been offered a swap on my current wheels for a set of 17x9 and 17x10 rega's. just wondering wether 17's will be too small?
The car is running spec r aero too.

Cheers.
Have a look in my car sale thread dude- they are 17" wheels.

Got to think about the unsprung weight of an 18 or 19" wheel and the cost of tyres if your going to go through tyres quickly. And also the higher chance of tram lining and aquaplaining on wider a wheel which, typically, are found with the increased diameter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Mine has an 18 rear, 17 front, I think the front looks too small / a bit odd.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Have a look in my car sale thread dude- they are 17" wheels.

Got to think about the unsprung weight of an 18 or 19" wheel and the cost of tyres if your going to go through tyres quickly. And also the higher chance of tram lining and aquaplaining on wider a wheel which, typically, are found with the increased diameter.
You can find some very light 18's and 19's and some very heavy 17's. To be honest, on a road car, the difference of 1 or 2kg between two different types of wheels is insignificant. If you are seriously tracking you car, then that is a different story. Tyre prices are really not that much different any more. If you were buying 24's then you have a point. As for traction issues, that comes down to the tyres and your suspension setup. I have surprised a number of people with my 19's and cheaper tyres at a motorkhana event. I put it down to my alignment. I am not saying you are wrong, I just think a lot of these points are not really relevent on a road car.

Reaction score
Country

i've got 17s 8" wide all round, could do with being lowered a little but i dont think 17s look bad. Plus I know 17" tyres are slightly cheaper over here anyway

Reaction score
Country
What offset are these and what wheels...are they genuine te37's? I love that look!!!!! This to drifter... More pics please!!