What's new

Carbon fibre radio surround.

Reaction score
Any suggestions on the best place to buy a carbon radio surround have been looking at one by epracing looks good price £169. Has any one on here have one on there motor?

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
Yup :) Nice bit of kit and once fitted really does look the part..

However....

Mine did take a little bit of tweaking to get it to fit perfectly. Just minor sanding and smoothing round the back where the switch gear attaches to get it perfect but other than that, no probs fitting. It is a bit of a pain to take out again as they just use thin bits of carbon and resin to hold the clips in place for attaching to the center console and these can crack when trying to remove the whole surround. Just need to go easy.

Reaction score
Country
I think that's about the only place you'll find them new.... They looks sweet but break easily especially when fitting them. That's what I've read anyway haven't got one myself

Reaction score
Country
why not just carbon vinyl wrap the radio surround?

John-

Reaction score
Country
This is on eBay at the the moment for £9 cheaper and you get the shifter cover.
Although it says there is a small crack.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah looks like the EPracing one, make him an offer for it.. 2nd hand they go for about £120, but with the crack a little less I'd say

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Have it done in carbon wrap at the moment but it started to come off around the cig lighter and hazard light switch. Could wrap it again but would love too have a real carbon item. I think i might just go a head and order a epracing one. Thanks lads.

Reaction score
Country
I have the carbon epr one, had to get the Dremel out to get it to fit correctly but looks the part, there's some pics of it fitted near the start of my build thread.