What's new

Civic Type R Seats into an S15???

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Made a post regarding new car seats a week ago or so and the ones I had come across at the time on ebay were no good, as they were not FIA approved :(

But anyway, ive had a look around and came across these Type R red and black seats from a civic on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350748394474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Basically I just wondered whether it would be possible to transfer these into the S15 or has anyone had any experioence using these seats?

Did come across some red cobra bucket seats earlier on SXOC for £300 that would definetely fit, but thinking about it I would rather have reclining seats than fixed.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
Any thing can be made to fit :) BUT.. Is it really worth all the effort, custom subframe etc just to get them to fit, which will probably push the price way over the 300quid you could have the cobras for which would fit :). Im sure if your patient some decent recliners will come up for sale, assuming your not in a rush :D

Besides.. They look a bit... how can I put this... "used" :eek:

J.

Reaction score
Country
Look for evo recaros if you don't mind winding the seats forward yourself.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys.

I realise those particular seats have marks, those were just to give you an idea, there are better conditioned ones avalible. Just really liked the styling of the seats.

Would it not be possilbe to remove the railing from the standard S15 seats and fit them to these seats?

Just to also mention there were some Recaro type R seats for sale as well, maybe they would be a better fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIV...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac54d5e7c

Reaction score
Country
Just find some Recaro SR3 seats and call it a day. They are comfy, look good, and YOU CAN FIND RAILS THAT ACTUALLY FIT THE SEATS. Oh and a pair won't break the bank.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
You won't find Honda recaro's in good condition for under 400 then you need rails 200+. That's 600 before you get someone to fit them etc.

stock s15 rails won't fit any other seat

Mike

Reaction score
Country
As people have said, you need rails mate.

Get on sxoc/ driftworks find some s-body recaro fitting base rails. (I paid 150 for mine)

Then look for seats. I like the evo 8 blue ones myself can get whole evo interiors for 400 quid.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys.

I did infact contact Fast Hands regarding his seats, but unfortunately they had been sold :(

I have also had a look for rails on SXOC and here and cant seem to find any. If anyone can send me in the right direction, I would be greatful ;)

I did however find some on ebay at £200 and they state they can fit any seat to the S15:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281107360783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Only reason I was looking at the Civic Tyre R Recaros is because I liked the style of them and am looking for some red seats to go into the S15.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Other ones to look at would be Evo seats or dc5 recaros both good alternative just sometime over priced.
Shame about fast hands seats they were lovely!
If I spot any similar will post a link for you as always looking for parts lol