What's new

Advise needed on fitting new front seats!!!

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Looking into replacing my standard S15 Seats with some aftermarket red bucket seats, which are made specifically for the S15.

Just a couple of things I would like to know in terms of fitting them.

- Am I required to disconnect the car battery before installing? (Only reason I ask, is that someone suggested the airbags were connected to front seats?)

- Are the seats seatbelt sensors easy to transfer across to the new seats?

- Is it possilbe for just myself to do the install or would it require 2 people?

- Is it fairly staright forward to remove the old seats?

Any help on this would be appreciated. I know a few of you on here may have had experience in doing this.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Don't have to disconnect the battery just make sure you don't turn the ignition until everything is all hooked back up or your airbag light will come on. I have removed a good 2-3000 seats in my time and never had an issue with the airbags !
Is easy as to swap seats out mate 10 minute job on your own ;) old seats is just 4 bolts and then a connector to unplug and it's all good !
As for the seat belt sensors that's a bit harder, you would have to take the covering off the seats obviously , you would need hogrings and hog ring pliers to fit it all back on just take your time with it you will be fine. Otherwise I am sure you could wire around the system so the light doesn't come on

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Cheers buddy, so glad I dont have to mess around under the bonnet for the seats lol.

These are the seats Im considering getting:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370700080821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They come preinstalled with sliders, but it does mention that no subframes are included.

What are the subframes and would this be an issue?

Also in regards to the seatbelt sensors, do they need to be connected up again or did you just leave them without when you installed the new seats?

Thanks again!

Ash

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I changed my seats but it took me along time to find the rails!

My advice is snoop sxoc/wanted add to try find some Recaro fitting base rails. The make I had was "Raptor" they do pop up it may take a while but so much easier. Also personal I couldn't entertain making rails, just couldn't trust them personally.

Second off I'd buy some Recaro's. they've been in so many cars over the years theres plenty about. Those seat look good but for that money you can have the real deal. I paid 180 for a pair of evo8 seat which I sold for 300 on eBay and the ones I had in the 15 were out of a evo6 and I paid 150 for them. But as I say it was the rails I struggled with. Changing them and that isn't an issue at all if you know your way round a spanner! :)

Reaction score
Country
Ok cool, cheers for the info mate.

Just to clarify, these seats come with rails installed onto the bottom of them, so would it just be a case of fitting the old s15 seats mounting brackets to the new bucket seats rail?

Ive been in touch with the company selling them and have been told that the mounting holes are 40cm apart.

Also just incase, they have given me the seat sizing which is: 90cm tall, 50cm wide and 55cm front to back.

If anyone could clear this up for me, I would be greatful.

Regards

Ash

Mike

Reaction score
Country
The stock ones if I remember are spring loaded slim things so not sure if you could screw universal style seats to them? Well, easily at least!

Reaction score
Country
Are those seats fia approved? I'd be very wary buying cheap seats as they probably haven't been through the correct safety checks.

Reaction score
I would rather have the standard seats.

Those don't look very well made IMO
They are very cheap .

If you crash with cheap seats in the car they can easily twist and snap causing major injury.

Be careful buying cheap seats mate

Reaction score
Country
Couldn't be arsed to type an essay last night but, my mate had a pair of bride reps in his s14 got cocky drifting a roundabout, spun off and went backwards into a wall. As he impacted the wall the back of the seat snapped off and he twated his head off his harness bar. Luckily for him he was badly injured but worth thinking about the poor build quality of cheap seats.

Seats and harnesses should all be fia approved IMO.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Seats and harnesses should all be fia approved IMO.
This.

The subject is a mine field. Harnesses snapping reclining seats and compressing spines, harness bars being used to attach harnesses instead of just reducing the angle etc etc.

I have a Bride I bought off James I know is real I'll be mounting with a Buddyclub car specific rail and using a CG lock on the standard belt instead of harnesses. Passengers side won't touched.

IMO when safety is involved there's only one way to do things.

Reaction score
Exactly , I have real bride fixed seats and real FIA takata harnesses ,

I would never buy a **** cheapy knock off seat, it's not worth the risk

Reaction score
Country
Cheers everyone for your input, I may leave the seats for now then and concentrate on saving money for other mods like engine and brakes.

Shame about the seats though, i really would like some red ones for the car :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Have a look at fast hands thread mate had some lovely red recaros for sale £400 for the pair ,I would have got them off him but spent way too much this month on my car ha ga

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Haha! My zeta III fits me perfect.... Damn me and my child sized ass!