What's new

N00b lin need of some advice

Reaction score
Country
Hi all,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a few years now am in finally in a position where I could potentially get myself an S15. I do have a bit of a dilemma in that I have a supercharged 306 with 260bhp that still gets 28mpg and a mostly standard S13 both of which I love, I'm a little bit worried that if I sell both and make the financial stretch to an S15 it will ruin me and possibly as standard not be any quicker than my Peugeot (don't hit me!) with worse fuel economy to boot. So my request is basically is there anybody localish to Westbury, Wilts who is willing to show me around their S15 and take me out for a drive so I have a better idea if the car I covet is all I think it is? Any feedback much appreciated, sorry for such a needy first post!

Cheers,
Rob

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
You can't compare a Peugeot to an s15 no matter how fast the pug is. Get an s15 you will love it discussion over :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Street cred, better fuel economy (if you are careful), and RWD. WINWINWIN

Put the super charger on the S15 ;)

Reaction score
Country
Group b rally style, lol...

As Tooley says, there is no comparison, just get one, there's nothing like it..

Reaction score
Country
Find a slightly fettled s15 with 300+ bhp and you'll love it. Fuel isnt too bad but will need to be super unleaded and driven sensibly to get a decent figure.

Reaction score
Country
who buys an S15 for fuel economy, even standard i rekon a 15 will be quicker than the pug in a straightline and roundcorners for that matter

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'm only up the road in Chippenham! But few qualifying questions first:
1) do you or have you ever worn track suit bottoms outside the house to anywhere but the gym?
2) do you where a flat peak and say yes bruv?
3) do you smoke drugs or cigarettes?

if you answered yes to any of the above I can't show you my car or let you buy a S15!

Reaction score
Country
I fully agree with the street cred and RWD argument, however not sure a standard S15 would be quicker certainly around corners, with just a set of decent coilovers slung on it probably would.

Twin charging would be absurdly epic, but it is a rotrex so not as beefy low down as a conventional rootes or twin screw charger.

Unfortunately fuel economy needs to be taken into consideration, I have a lot of miles to cover and why would you not want the best performance vs cost regardless of what car you're looking at? As long as it gets more than my 21mpg average in the S13 that would be good, I have limited budget and would rather spend my money on maintenance and mods than endless trips to the petrol station.

S15_Sam I have to say I do not and doubt I will ever even own a set of track suit bottoms, the only person I speak to with a flat cap is my grandfather (granted he is balla) and can't say I've ever seen the attraction of fags in any way shape or form either! So if you can overlook the FWDness in this thread then it'd be great if you could drop me a PM or something.

Cheers gents

Reaction score
Country
I used to do an 85mile round trip to work in my S15 (around 300hp), cruising at 70-80 without much boost i'd get on average 30-31mpg... And that's half motorway and half country roads. Go on boost a lot and it's a different story :)

And SAM lmfao....

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey rob, not a problem I'll drop you a PM. My car is far from standard but is 310bhp, pollybushed, and I use it daily to travel to work and back. I do about 450-500 KM's a tank. So it's about 25-30mpg driven quite hard. If I drove nicely it would do 35 easy. But that's boring!
Sorry about the qualifying thing, just had a run in with some chavs and they pissed me off! It was ment with mostly light heartedness!

I warn you though once you've been out in it your Peugeot will seem tame! ;)