What's new

Found a S15 but im not sure how too go about it?

Reaction score
Country
Right iv found a s15 for sale, but its in japan.....i am thinking about importing the car myself, never done it before, but i know some people here have done it, so i guess i am looking for advice. This is the car i am looking at

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan car/nissan/silvia/13204143/

1st question has anyone had any experience going through this site?

2nd i am being very naive thinking its going too cost me under 8k too get this car too me? seeing the exchange rate isnt brilliant ( i am guessing yes hahah)

advice and opinions are welcome

cheers guys

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah it would roughly come in landed and registered at just under 8k. But it is highish mileage already. 90,000miles.

Ive never used the website unfortunately, and it's always abit scary importing a car yourself.

Reaction score
Country
There are that many things that can go wrong with importing, you are best paying the premium and getting the pro'd to do it.

subzero

Reaction score
tradecar view can be hit and miss , has had it fair share of dodgy guys on it .

youd be better off going with one of the big companies through auction , theyd handle all the paper work and shipping etc . much safer option .

Reaction score
Country
tradecar view can be hit and miss , has had it fair share of dodgy guys on it .

youd be better off going with one of the big companies through auction , theyd handle all the paper work and shipping etc . much safer option .
Oh you better believe this part OP. Seriously, there's a bunch of smash and fix sales then you'd think on there.

Reaction score
Country
10k all in wil get you a nice s15 through a reputable importer which is hassle free. the cars get checked over and are insured on import

Reaction score
10k would get you an unreal s15 in ireland and if you bring one in from japan it has to have the aero kit on it fact!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I bought mine from a seller on TCV, I could see it stood out from the sea of poor condition examples available. Found the auction data for it too which confirms it has very few defects and the seller didn't make a lot of money on it. Had plenty of good pics, video, the company checked out as legit, good feedback. Everything has gone smoothly so far.

That car in the OP seems like it's in pretty ropey condition, the interior is completely shagged despite the ad saying it is very clean. Poor pics, poor seller feedback, I wouldn't touch it with yours tbh.

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
I bought mine through JM Imports for £11k with 37k on the clock.
Its in an amazing condition. Very happy