What's new

HKS Super Power Flow Induction Kit for S15

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

Just purchased this HKS super flow direct induction filter off of ebay, as I thought it was a bargain at £80.

I had a read up about it prior to purchasing and it seemed like an improvement over the standard induction filter.

I'm looking to fit it to my Non turbo Spec S S15, which I was told will fit straight on without any extra fittings needed. The seller said he had it fitted to his S15 turbo before he sold it.

Just wanted to qualify whether it is a straight swap (with no fittings) and if any of you have had experience with this particular filter?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HKS-Super...jGpGOAMP07k7YrkGvbIz0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Ashley

Last edited:

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I'm running the reload hks system on my s15 should match up and attach onto your pipe from the air filter. May need a straight silicon joiner and jubilee clips if not included but that's it mate.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers buddy, appreciate the help.

I'm hoping it should just match up and fit from the get go, as the HKS website states that the yellow direct drive edition is a universal tool free fit.

Just out of curiosity, after installation, did you experience better/increased performance from the induction filter?

Ive heard some people say it improves the cars responsiveness as well as potentially increase bhp.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
with the NA you will get maybe 1hp difference and it will only be at the top of the rev range, you might think you have got more power but it will be more of a placebo effect, however certain filters give your really cool induction noises (apexi power intake), also being NA make sure you are ducting plenty of cold air to reduce sucking in hot air off the engine which gets trapped in your engine bay when idle, i made a cold air box years ago for my old NA and it never lost power from sitting in traffic or around town heating up and since it was fully sealed once over 120kph the air getting rammed into the box from the two 4" ducts pressurized it a slight bit above normal and enabled a bit more to be slightly rammed in on the intake stroke

Reaction score
Country
also you mentioned responsiveness, to get that simply install one of these, its a cheap way of emulating harder engine mounts, gets rid of heaps of engine/box slop and transmits more power directly through the drive train, giving you a great throttle responce, goes well with strut braces as its now using your left side strut tower as a brace

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENGINE-TO...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4abfa624ab

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate, thanks for the advice.

In regards to the filter getting plenty of cool air, that shouldnt be an issue as I have a D-MAXX carbon fibre bonnet installed, which allows plenty more warm air than usual to be despearced through its many vents. I also currently have a large cone induction filter installed and it doesnt seem to have any issues.

Thanks for the link, will definetely consider purchasing one of those. Do you happen to have a rough idea of what it would cost to get fitted?

Cheers

Ash