What's new

Anyone know if this Tomei Expreme Ti Catback exhaust will fit a S15 Spec-S Non Turbo?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a new Catback exhaust system for my S15 Spec S, but just wanted to know whether anyone knew whether or not the particular exhaust im looking at would fit?

Its a Tomei Expreme Ti Catback and its says its suitable for S13's, S14's and S15's. Im assuming the S15 Spec-R is pretty much a similar setup chassis wise and exhaust wise to the Spec-S.

I have asked 2 different sellers whether it would fit. One said it would, as the Spec S and R are a similar setup and the other suggested turbos only.

Not sure if that was because he couldnt be bothered to take the time to anwser all my other import questions :(

Also to point out, if anyone knows of him, I have spoken to Jez at horsham-develpments about this exhaust system and he didnt seem to think it would be an issue.

But anyway, I have linked the ebay page below, so any help and advise on this would be most appreciated, as this is one hell of a Catback and I would love for it to work on my Spec S ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280921104555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Regards

Ashley

Reaction score
Country
It will fit physically, but the piping diameter will be different and that's what will mess up your plans.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys,see what people are saying. But in theory it should fit my Spec S shouldnt it?

As the exhaust is advertised to fit S15's and surely the Spec S is the same setup as the spec r minus the turbo and strut support etc....?

Reaction score
Country
It will fit, you can make any exhaust fit with some work.

This will probably fit the underside perfectly as the Spec R and S are obviously the same bar some bracing but the exhaust tunnel is identical.

Do you plan on converting to a turbo engine at all?

If not I think the tomei exhaust and the £££ would be a bit wasted on it...

Reaction score
S14 and S15 exhausts are all the same fitment whether they're turbo or NA. I have a HKS Super Dragger cat back that was fitted to a turbo S14 on my Spec S, all the hangers and everything will line up perfectly. An S13 cat back will not fit without modification. Looks to be a cool exhaust but it's goona be hella loud dude! NA's are stupidly loud without some sort of middle box to silence them a bit. I had a straight through cat back on my Spec S before and the ****ing thing deafened me. That exhaust you're thinking about getting is also very expensive. Not worth it on an NA in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
you do realize thats a hell of alot of money to spend for something that going to LOWER your power by a couple of kw, if you want a cool exhaust note, rather just change the rear muffler, if you want to squeeze out a little more power focus on extractors then changing the rest of the exhaust to suit the extractors, or better the money required for a exhaust like that just go get a +t setup and go from 165hp to 200 - 220

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys for all your help. I thought I was on the right track with the Spec S and Spec R having the same setup.

In regards to the exhaust, I can see where your coming from in terms of performance and cost. The reason I wanted it, was mainly for its sound and looks, as my car is purely a show car not a racer. It definetely was one of the best catbacks I could find.

In the future I do plan on upgrading further engine wise aswell, so again I will benefit from it then, but for now Im keeping as is, as its my daily car and the mpg is pretty good and insurance is low.

I really do appreciate your response. Couldnt find the info anywhere else.

Also if you guys are interested weve got a show stand booked for June 30th at the Japshow santa pod, your more than welcome to join us, just pm me for the details.

Regards

Ash