What's new

Oil filter relocation and cooler?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys im thinking about upgrading and getting an oil cooler. Are they worth it are they simple to do? are there huge benifits to it or not really worth it? I can figure one huge benefit will be changing the filter when coming to oil changes because its in a prick of a place to change on an sr20 haha.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Do yo do any drifting or track days. If not then theres no need to get one dude.

Im upgrading but my oil temps means i have to do a driving lap every so often when drifting.

Reaction score
As above, unless you are doing Non Grip or Grip days they are not needed for street. I have one but do track days, which here in Auss can get quite warm in the Summer months.

I have the Greddy kit which has a thermostat in the sandwhich plate so it wont open up under normal street driving temps.

If you just want to get better access to your oil filter fit a filter relocation kit.

They can be a bit fiddly fiting the sandwich plate and lines to the stock oil filter plate

Reaction score
Country
That Greddy sandwich plate with integrated thermostat is a nice piece of kit. I'm of the same thoughts as those above, good for track time but no so much for street, the biggest benefit for you will probably be easy filter replacement.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have the greddy kit and for a street car it's not ideal as it opens around 75-80 so the oil in my opinion is always too cold

subzero

Reaction score
if its a road car, get just the relo kit without the cooler, gets you the benefit of the handy filter change , and also for fitting gauges . which is the real reason i got one for my s15. there handy fit too.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Defo worth relocating the filter mate I just changed mine today an I forgot how much of a pita it is!!!