What's new

anyone good with apexi power fc?

Reaction score
Country
I also have one. Don't know too much, but might be able to answer a few questions for ya.

I'm working on translating the Japanese manuals into English. I'm assuming you have the S15 L-Jetro version?

Reaction score
Country
oh yes one thing though I have idle problems not sure if this can be fixed by power fc but when i boost then come to stop revs drop right down and sometimes stalls or if i just turn the car on the revs are up and down up and down. not sure why its doing this but fairly annoying

Reaction score
Country
I was having similar issues. I'm not sure what happened after I got my headgasket replaced, but when I got my car back, it was doing the funky idle thing. Have you done the idle search function yet? If not, it's pretty easy. Takes about 30 min to do. I think it goes like this:

Start the car and let it idle for 10 min

Then turn the AC on high for 10 min

Finally, turn on the defroster for 10 min

That didn't work for me. I ended up adjusting the injector settings and now my car idles just fine. I almost think the mechanic messed with my settings in the Power FC, or even possibly reset it. He claims he didn't, and I don't have any proof that he did. I did adjust the injector settings to match what a set of 740cc injectors would need. I'm not 100% positive I have 740cc injectors, but the part number on the one I pulled out is showing up as a 740cc in google. I do plan on getting my car remapped later on this year. I'll have them flow tested for sure before then.

Reaction score
Country
i sometimes had problems with the revs dropping right down and the car almost stalling, and that was because id fitted a hks bov with no recirculation on it but once it was mapped it stopped the problem and i never got the bov recirculated and it ran fine

Reaction score
Country
It might be a mapping thing. Please do not mess with the settings unless you absolutely know what you are doing. The only reason I messed with the injector settings was the fact that I consulted with someone in the US that was well versed in Power FCs and I also did a little research on what the correct settings for the injectors are. This was assuming that I do in fact have 740cc injectors.