What's new

What size injectors???

Reaction score
Country
I plan on getting my injectors cleaned out and flow tested before getting my map done. I was curious as to what size I may have, so I removed one to see what the part number was. I originally planned on just removing the plug and trying to read them, but they were so dirty, I had to remove one.

The only numbers that were listed were A46-Z00 and 0124X07. Doing a google search, the 0124X07 didn't bring up anything, but the A46-Z00 brought up posts about NISMO 740s or 550s. I posted a pic below, but it's not of the best angle.

Anyone have any idea what they could be?

Reaction score
Country
Besides the yellow clip, they look identical to the 740s. If I get the time tomorrow, I'll take them out and try to get some better pics.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I'd say rather than waste time taking them out again to take a photo of, send them to be flow tested and cleaned because they are looking like they've seen better days, make sure the place has the ability to flow test side-flow injectors

They should then give you a printout of the flow rate in cc

Joeh

Reaction score
They are Nismo 740's, maybe even Tomei's. They need a clean as they have been in for a while. That plastic cover around the pintal has changed colour as it normally is a light grey. Id have them clean and flow tested.

Reaction score
Country
I definitely will get them flow tested. I was originally going to wait until I was able to afford getting my map done, but I may try and get them done sooner. I'm now very interested in seeing if they truly are 740s. Thanks guys.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
You'd need to do them before your map because they look like they are not in a good state, if you do it after you could run lean if one of the injectors were leaky, also run rich if they were partially blocked

Reaction score
Country
Yep, that's what I said in my first post.

So I know not to mess with the settings on my Power FC since I'm not a tuner, but I stumbled across this site: http://www.240sxmotoring.com/powerfctechfaq.html. Now, assuming that I do have 740cc injectors, I adjusted my injector correction settings from 41.7% and +0.20 to 50% and -0.04. This appears to have stopped my idle issues. Previously I would go into the ing/inj settings and adjust in there to stop the idle issue. But that was a temp fix because it would reset after the car powered off. Adjusting the injector correction settings from the website is permanent, but I can always change it back.

Since my car is sitting in the garage and won't be driven too much, I figure I won't do too much damage just messing around a little. Besides, I can always adjust back down. I can't wait to actually get my map and tune done so I can see what my car truly has in her.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
The injector latency is different between one injector and another even of the manufacturer gives a specification, this has to be configured properly using a wideband during mapping idle, I wouldn't recommend driving under any boost at all but yes that's the right way to adjust the injector correction based on stock injectors