Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Pulled this off a Lancer forum

the Tomei ECU isn't mappable as far I know
if you buy one from them directly, you have to send an original ECU as part of the deal, then they send you their version
which has modified fixed parameters for fuel, ignition, revs etc
This seems to be reflected on the Tomei website

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catalogue/efr_set-from_top-menu/efr_index_tomei-ecu_rset.html

Also found this:

http://nissansilvia.co.nz/phpBB2/vi...previous&sid=ed4a719bb122a90d8f8b3e030aa46a15

Reaction score
Thanks N.

So, would you recommend ditching the Tomei one and getting an OEM S15 ECU mapped by Jez?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes. One of Jez's chip will be mapped specifically for your car setup. Its not far for you to go either :) You'll have a stock ECU for the ESVA, so that's not a problem either...

S

S15_silvia_

soz to go off the subjetut what ecu do you recomend on a s15 spec-r??as when i get mine i want to get a standalone ecu but theres loads..want a motec but a lot of cash lol

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
S15_silvia_ said:
soz to go off the subjetut what ecu do you recomend on a s15 spec-r??as when i get mine i want to get a standalone ecu but theres loads..want a motec but a lot of cash lol
I'm considering either Motec or AEM right now... both a lot of cash - but a lot of flexibility. The key thing is finding someone who has a clue on how to map it near to you :)

Reaction score
Looking on the Tomei website seems to confirm, that you buy it with specific mods and that's it. I don't think you can remap it.
Also, not sure what fuel it is mapped for.

I think i may keep the OEM CPU and get Jez to custom map it.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
elizium said:
S15_silvia_ said:
I'm considering either Motec or AEM right now... both a lot of cash - but a lot of flexibility. The key thing is finding someone who has a clue on how to map it near to you :)
Do you know if the AEM P&P is for the AUS-spec S15?
that would mean that the JDM would need to switch 2 wires, right?

seriously considering the AEM when I can afford it.
I know a guy who used to be a tuner for the official AEM resellers here in Sweden.
Even took a trip to the US to learn the system from AEM :)

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Yakozan said:
elizium said:
S15_silvia_ said:
Do you know if the AEM P&P is for the AUS-spec S15?
that would mean that the JDM would need to switch 2 wires, right?

seriously considering the AEM when I can afford it.
I know a guy who used to be a tuner for the official AEM resellers here in Sweden.
Even took a trip to the US to learn the system from AEM :)
Actually I don't know for sure... btw which 2 wires need to be swapped ?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
elizium said:
i have no idea.

I've read somewhere (nissansilvia.com I think) That people with Aus-spec S15 needed two switch to cables on the ECU harness to run the PFC as it's made for the JDM model.

I just assumed that if the AEM is for AUS-Spec. The same cabels would need to be switched on the JDM S15.

Me misunderstanding everything is also an option :)

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Yakozan said:
elizium said:
i have no idea.

I've read somewhere (nissansilvia.com I think) That people with Aus-spec S15 needed two switch to cables on the ECU harness to run the PFC as it's made for the JDM model.

I just assumed that if the AEM is for AUS-Spec. The same cabels would need to be switched on the JDM S15.

YOU ARE right - wires 30 and 31 are different CAS (crank and cam angle sensor)... that probably explains a lot why my installation of the e-manage ultimate didn't work the first time... I used the aus manual and not the JDM wiring diagram provided with the unit... I assumed the manual was right... also 104 and 106 need to be swapped.

thanks Yakozan... priceless info!

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
elizium said:
Yakozan said:
elizium said:
i have no idea.

YOU ARE right - wires 30 and 31 are different CAS (crank and cam angle sensor)... that probably explains a lot why my installation of the e-manage ultimate didn't work the first time... I used the aus manual and not the JDM wiring diagram provided with the unit... I assumed the manual was right... also 104 and 106 need to be swapped.

thanks Yakozan... priceless info!
nice to be of some assistance. :)
just found the info myself on Nissansilvia.com
Damn, their search engine is sheit on that site :nod:

here is a thread with info
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67628&hl=

S

S15_silvia_

well i was thinkin a motec coz im will be keepin the car for a long time and its got loads of option e.g launch control..anti lag..etc and its the best u can buy.but i was wondering if there was any thing as good but not quite ?1100 :eek: .

i went out in a mr2 turbo (rev1 engine) it had a full exhaust system and samco's and a motec it ws runnin 300bhp and it was very fast..plus it had launch cotrol and that helped lol...as the s15 has a few traction issues lol :D

d.

Reaction score
how are the launch control and antilag functions programmed on the motec?