What's new

headlights

Reaction score
Country
hope this doesnt sound too stupid? my headlights are in perfect working order although the actual plastic lense is very badly faded. is it possible to just buy the lens of the headlight or do i have to just buy headlights?

thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Lights and hard to come by, i don't think you can. Few threads on here about this , im on phone so hard to search but sounds like they just need a polish/clean. Tooth paste is a easy fix sometimes. Or the long way is to put them in the oven cook them a little break the seals and polish the lens, I'm sure some nice person will direct you to a guide with a link!

Reaction score
Country
You could also take the car to a professional detailer to have the lenses machine polished, this takes a few microns of plastic off the lenses and should bring them to as new condition. It will take the swirls and scratches out to.

i have all the gear and have done this to mine, like new..

Reaction score
3M do headlight restoration kit, comes with everything you need, you just have to have a household/diy drill, cordless lower rpm are better to stop glazing. If you search on youtube there are videos and guides on how to do it. The kit costs under 20 on the bay.

Reaction score
Country
i have the same problem which thanks to you guys i can now sort out will be ordering that soon thanks :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
my lenses were seriously badly faded , but all i did was use 3 stages of polish. heres how they came out (and this was only a quick job!)

before

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
that looks so much better with the polish there like new, thanks for the pictures nikki :thumbs: and smart looking s15

Reaction score
Country
cheers guys! what i did was use a fast cut compound, this removed the worst of it fairly quickly (dont go too hard with this or you may scratch the plastic) then i used a medium compound and then a very fine cut compound. i only used an old t-shirt to polish with and it came up really great, id imagine if you used a machine it would come out like new!

Reaction score
Country
A good headlight restoration works wonders.

If or when you do get it done, please post up a before and after photo, I'd like to see what results you get and what product you used. :D

P

P41NU5

just go buy the headlight restoration kit... sold at all car esc shops in aus.. cant speak for outside of australia.. but found all opver the net, its a kit with 2, sometimes 3 layers of 'chemical cut' which does the same as 'polishing' off the top layers, but without the abrasion.. all done chemically..works a treat

W

Woraph

hope this doesnt sound too stupid? my headlights are in perfect working order although the actual plastic lense is very badly faded. is it possible to just buy the lens of the headlight or do i have to just buy headlights?

thanks
hello man I faced the same problem and need to change my headlights. What you did?