What's new

Suzuki Under - New Tsukuba Lap Record

Reaction score
Country
Suzuki Under in his amazing S15, running a Naprec SR22VET lump has smashed the Tsukuba lap record by nearly a full second. The lap record was previously held by the HKS CT230R piloted by Nob Taniguchi himself. 5 years this lap time has held and now held by an S15....

Roll on WTAC 2013. :)

Reaction score
Country
Totaly,

I was so gutted for him to get pipped to 4th place at WTAC12, but at least it was by another s-body..

There's gonna be some major competition for next year but I so want to see an S15 on the podium.

Hopefully the Andrew Brilliant aero package will do the business.

Come on Under :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That would be so awesomes man! And to think a rwd breaking the lap time!!! Love his car it's next level and just getting better all the time

Reaction score
The car can still go faster too. There's talk of running a flat floor pan and rear diffuser to help the car more. Very impressive, the Scorch S15 will always be my favourite track dedicated car.

Reaction score
Country
For sure my favorite track focused car and even better that its an S15.

just before WTAC there was a major rear aero update including a new diffuser/Venturi as well as some rear side canard looking wings that are vortex generators for the diffuser, the diffuser is modeled after JGTC and DTM cars.

There was some talk that the diffuser is too big and the air wouldn't keep attached and it would stall, but the exhaust discharge is apparently energizing the Venturi preventing the stall, some serious CFD calls gone into the design for sure. Funny that the exhaust discharge increasing downforce was one of the banned F1 techniques this year.

ive noticed that aero designers are moving away from pure flat floors to instead using large tunnels and flat sections to increase downforce, just look at the back of the Nemo Evo to see this.

Short of shedding even more weight and adding more power there's not many options left, the car is almost all CF even the roof. I hope that he gets a motorsport ECU, PDM system that will make it more powerful for sure and lighter.
he's still using the original brake booster, no pedal box yet, so no f/r bias adjustment. Not sure what else but can't be much more to do.

but Suzuki-San is always busy over the winter, so now Tsukuba is cracked lets hope he has eyes on a certain fishy Evo for next year, so wish I could afford to go to WTAC, one day....