What's new

Why are s15 so expensive?

Reaction score
Country
How can a 6 speed gearbox and a 5 speed be the same box?
As mentioned, the only reason to go for a 5 speed box is to save money which would make me wonder what else hasn't been done properly to save a few pennies?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Country
Is that rust to the left side of the battery tray cutting?

Are the shock/coilovr tops different too?

Reaction score
Country
Lol, I just noticed the battery tray. That is atrocious.

On a similar note. How much does an S15 Spec S with an S14 SR20DET motor go for? Given that it has been converted correctly and is near flawless?

My S15 has an S14 SR20DET in it, but it is far from flawless. Just curious what I the resale is on one.
did you put in ALL the spec r bracing?? like roof bracing, boot bracing, subframe bracing etc that comes on the spec r??

if not i wouldnt consider it swapped correctly. ive driven both a genuine spec r ( 2 , currently own 1) and a spec s conversion and the spec s conversion one did not feel the same at all on the road as a genuine spec r

i would agree though the 6 speed boxes are ****, from experience the 5 speed box can take so much more abuse

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I didn't do the swap, so I don't know everything that was done to it.

From what I do know, there is bracing underneath (subframe?), but as far as the rest, I don't know. I'm sure they did something as the car was used as a drifter, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do it properly. Once I get some free time, I'll be tearing the interior apart and doing some customizing.

Reaction score
Country
with those mods there is no way in the world that is running 330hp. I know this because I'm wanting to get 300+ out of mine and I need far far more stuff than that. not to mention a remap

Reaction score
Country
Skyliver How would them using the same box (their not btw) make them weaker??
lol, Skyliver.....it's SkylineLvr silly.....

It's just what I've heard online. By squeezing in 6 gears on a box set up for 5 gears, of course it's going to have weaker gears. I'm not an expert on trannys, and I'm not the one saying that it is true. I'm just saying that this is what I have read online.

Reaction score
Country
Kam didn't you sell your 14a to save money? These are no cheaper to run and cost more to begin with

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
did you put in ALL the spec r bracing?? like roof bracing, boot bracing, subframe bracing etc that comes on the spec r??

if not i wouldnt consider it swapped correctly. ive driven both a genuine spec r ( 2 , currently own 1) and a spec s conversion and the spec s conversion one did not feel the same at all on the road as a genuine spec r

i would agree though the 6 speed boxes are ****, from experience the 5 speed box can take so much more abuse
I doubt you can tell the difference in regards to the spec R bracing, if you still setup a spec s chassis with decent suspension, strut brace, stiffer roll bars etc.. you will be hard pressed to see a difference in my opinion, on a track pushing hard then yes you will probably notice it, but not on the road...

The one mentioned just doesn't look that well looked after, and has been chucked together..

Reaction score
Country
Kam didn't you sell your 14a to save money? These are no cheaper to run and cost more to begin with
i did mate, but now i miss being in a 200 so much, that i need one back, i also sold my 14a due too the ex and me were suppose too start a family, but now im single om back too what i want now ;) so on the look for a grey s15 spec r or a black one

Reaction score
Country
Fair play kam, just thought i'd make sure you knew what you were getting yourself in to. Check insurance also as i think these are more expensive also.

Reaction score
Country
i did mate, but now i miss being in a 200 so much, that i need one back, i also sold my 14a due too the ex and me were suppose too start a family, but now im single om back too what i want now ;) so on the look for a grey s15 spec r or a black one
Kam black ones are boss. You know you need one!

Reaction score
Country
Couldn't agree more.

the S15 has not aged,it's still as fresh today as when it was new.its a very balanced car with a good engine and the fact there so rare is why I like them so much.i have one maybe two round where I live but both I never see very often!

i don't see an issue spending £10-11,000 on a car..yes it's old ish but who cares? If you want it have it if not buy some thing different :).

Lee

Reaction score
Country
^^ that's mine haha! Picking it up Sunday...

Out a deposit in it last weekend!

its too mint and well spec'd to let go!