What's new

Why are s15 so expensive?

Reaction score
Country
ive owned 3 mint jap s14a silvia's and a s13 , now i own a s15 spec r and they drive and feel so very diffrent to any of my previous s-bodies. they feel so much more solid on the road, like considerably diffrent. also the interior is a way nicer place to be. the way they drive and feel just like a more expensive car than a s14a silvia or s13.

im sure someone will agree with me on this

Reaction score
Country
only way to avoid salt spreadings B@5t$RD% is to play chicken with them till they stop and then drive past them so its not firing Sh1T all over the place and your car.

Reaction score
Country
i see where you guys are coming from really. just trying too really find a reason lol. i really do like the look of them. seen a really nice white one for sale on here, which iv fallen in love with, but just thinking can i really spend 10k, when there are newer cars out there for alot for you money
mate are you on crack :wack:

older performance cars will always hold value ie a '69 mustang £30+

let me break it down for you;
1. R34 GTR still sells for £20k+ and 12yrs+ old
2. R32 GTR again 15yrs+ old and a average price £6k+
3. Supra TT, Sierra coworth, etc etc

do you get where im going with this?

Go to your local Tesco today and count how many S15's you see in there.... ill take a guess at 0... because they are rare, theres about under 10 for sale currently in the UK from what i have seen.

They hold value because they are desirable and the last of the S-bodies ever made, inside is still has a modern day feel to it which for a 12/13yr old car is great!!

They also look fairly modern so will attract a larger audience...

however what baffles me is you keep comparing the price to something newer... what newer, corsa vxr and alike?? im not sure :wack:

Reaction score
Country
As mentioned. What other, newer cars are on your £10k shopping list? I can't think of any. And once you actually drive them you'll find an empty list too. Maybe a 911sc based on the fact prices will be going up considerably over the next few years (but you will be getting a high mileage, tatty one for £10,000)

Reaction score
Country
I had the same issue when looking to spend my money... Looked at a fair few cars. Nothing came close to the s15. They are are rare, a real head turner and they feel great to drive. After owning an s body before, I can't believe I even considering anything else.

Awesome work from Nissan

Reaction score
Country
well my mind has been set, going too go look at a s15 soon, its a grey one currently up for 8995 its a spec r but without all the aero kit or something

Reaction score
Country
only way to avoid salt spreadings B@5t$RD% is to play chicken with them till they stop and then drive past them so its not firing Sh1T all over the place and your car.
I nearly fell off my chair reading that,
what a lad!!! haha

Reaction score
Country
course, its on pistonheads, not really the colour i want, but a the price it stands its a bargin ;) already got my Private plate too put on it

CMR

Reaction score
Country
It's a bit alarming how much of the battery tray was cut out for the intercooler on that one. Also not sure where he has got his power figure from either!

Reaction score
Country
Lol, I just noticed the battery tray. That is atrocious.

On a similar note. How much does an S15 Spec S with an S14 SR20DET motor go for? Given that it has been converted correctly and is near flawless?

My S15 has an S14 SR20DET in it, but it is far from flawless. Just curious what I the resale is on one.

Reaction score
Country
Like the way he has put "changed to 5 speed for strength and reliability" that's bolox because the 5 speed is as bad as the 6, there just cheaper and easier to replace! Looks like he has used an angle grinder to do the intercooler, look a state! And I agree with the above statement. Looks to much like a spec s to spec r conversion.