Stock Exhaust Bore size

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
2.5 inch at a guess. If I remember, I'll measure it this evening (read as: don't hold out a lot of hope at my age... :p )

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
2.5 inch :nod:

Not sure about the S14. The design was its biggest restriction. It has a tiny S bend before going into the rear box :rolleyes:

V

Vandal

:no: It varies, which is why the stock system is so crap. Can't recall the exact demensions of the most restrictive point though :eek:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Aha. Think that's similar to the S14 exhaust.... i.e. shite. The JDM manual exhaust is much more free flowing. Not as much as a 3 inch straight through, but better.

P

paulphot

ADM exhaust is 2 inch less the wall thickness so probably closer to 1.75inch internal diameter. No wonder it's so cr@p. :thumbs:

V

Vandal

Some bends look to the naked eye to be only about 1" :eek: . No wonder an aftermarket exhaust is the best bang for your buck power mod.

S

S15R

i think the only difference between adm and jdm s15 is the exhaust not ecu.. ;)

some said adm were detuned to suit aussie fuel but why? jdm s15s run fine with 95RON in nz lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, no. I'd say it was just the exhaust too. Oh, and a 100RON ECU map with a tad more boost. The true JDM S15 wouldn't run on 95RON without a different map. No way :no:

The ADMs have 370 injectors, don't they?

P

paulphot

I always thought they were the 440cc injectors, why would they run different ones to JDM?

S

S15R

same, 370cc for auto 440(480)cc for manual

I've had 2 jap specs and current adm s15, they are the same to be honest

jdm auto s15 is rated at 220hp but more likely to be 200hp which is the same to adm auto and manual

I'm sure ADM s15s make over 200hp

maybe manaul s15 exhaust didnt pass the Australian emission test?