What's new

Does anyone have any more information on this?

Reaction score
I recognise the car, I can't remember who owned it originally, nor who last had it. All I do remember is seeing it up for sale either very early this year or late last year.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah it was one of the original members cars, but a chap in Northern Ireland bought it. He owned it for a year or so and then tried to sell it. I was tempted but the underneath looked abit rusty in the pics. So I passed! Then "Paul brown" (who are some dodgy asian guys) bought it for 6k and then tried to make a profit. But it's been forsale for ages! For 6k it was a bargain but 10k its a rip off

heres the original link http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?7826-2000-W-Reg-S15-SpecR-Aero-Pearl-White

Last edited:

John-

Reaction score
Country
Ah! that's the information I wanted! (well I'd rather it was a good one) I'm looking for a really decent Spec R and I'm having difficulty!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
His page two explanation
"Yes car is now sold.Went on good friday for £6500, was bought by a trader and has been re advertised for £9995 on pistonheads. Slightly pissed off cause id rather have seen it go to a proper enthusist. Has some balls on him to advertise it for that money considering i only paid £8800 for it over two and a half years ago. Just thought id let you guys know in case someone gets sucked into buying it for that price. Believe me when i say i does need some work done to it hence the price it was sold for. To rub salt in the wounds the fella didnt even write his own advert he just used the description and writing i did. Some people do really need slapped. If you think im sour. I am! Currently driving a Accord Type R and its miles away from the S15 perfection.

This is the forsale ad in question.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2775643.htm"

Reaction score
Paul Brown are well known on the MLR (I did my research before buying my Evo) for selling incorrectly advertised cars. They had quite a few cars on Pistonheads, when I was looking at Evo's and none looked like good cars for the money. You could buy an equivalenty spec'd car for about £3k less what they advertised at.

Reaction score
Country
Right mate I personally wouldn't buy this, I went to see it about a year and a half ago, and like previously said, dodgy characters, couple of obvious things were wrong with the car but with the decent price they offered my for my p/x I was tempted, I did some research on the car and found that 'Ming' was the first uk owner and the build thread is on this forum, albeit quite a way back, also they were trying to sell it back then with 91000 odd on the clock and were trying to convince me that it was all km's.

http://www.neweraimports.com/soldcarDetails.jsp?carId=114

that there is the original importer of the car and they sold it with 94km on the clock, so my assumption is that whatever is on the clocks now is all miles, not that it's that relevant on these sort of cars but certainly something to go by, just made me think they either don't know what they're talking about or are purposely lying to make more money, which made me wonder what else they were willing to hide.

For that sort of money you can definetly get a better car. I'd try and stick with torque gt though if you're after a fresh one, few complaints on here about sva imports too, and they've had the same s15's for a while now. Also jm imports are reported to be decent but don't often have s15's and usually want a big deposit before its even in the country. Surprisingly enough paulbrown does buy some of his stock from jm imports though!

All this said I believe that someone has actually bought the s15 in question though as I thought I saw it at japfest castle Coombe with a new front bumper, although I may be wrong! (Not on our stand)

Reaction score
Country
ill go with ollie on the fact that i had a bad experience with sva and thank god i did because i went to torque gt and now wouldn't go anywhere else but was also looking at this car and the same with sva when i rang up i didn't like who they were and went else where

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Was going to go look at this a year and a half ago before I decided to import, the guy I spoke to on the phone was really vague about the car so decided to do some digging and found the thread that Sam linked. Definitely steer clear, it's been listed a long time now and for the previous owner to sell it for so cheap the next buyer is going to be annoyed when they find out if they pay near on £10k for it and for it to need work doing.

Reaction score
Country
I nearly went to look at this but they told me it was sold when I rang them. Did me a favour by the look of it. I went to torque gt too and got mine through them. Really friendly people is recommend them

John-

Reaction score
Country
My posts haven't shown up yet so this may come as a two, but after all you guys have said, i'm quite glad i became a member on here first!
I'm just looking for a decent condition white spec R, doesn't have to be fresh import, just difficult to find! if any of you know of any for sale, let me know.
Might have to check out torque gt though.
Cheers!

John-

Reaction score
Country
That's the one i have been looking at, just waiting to find out that its as good as it looks, and it seems it is.
Just waiting for my car to go before i go have a look at it.
Cheers for all your help.