What's new

Parts for ESVA (borrow rent?)

Reaction score
Hi all. I've recently written off my green s14a and am investigating buying issacs S15. This has not been put through the ESVA yet and is sat on his drive.
Would anyone be able to help out by loaning or renting me standard parts if needed.

Here is the spec list.

After market from bumper side skirts and spats
Cusco Coilovers (suspension)
Greddy intercooler kit.
Tomei ecu
HKS Oil Cooler
Greddy Profec B Boost Controller
Greddy Oil Pressure/Boost and temp guages
HKS Turbo Timer
HKS Air Filter
Greddy BOV (Blow off valve)
Cusco Strut Brace
Cusco Air Panel (Slam Panel)
Clear Rear Lights
Adjustable Tie Rods

I'm should be getting details of which parts don't need to be changed and which do.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

Reaction score
Oops, exhaust. Oh yeah, thats' ok as the esva company has one and they'll use theirs for the test.

If the list comes back too much then i'll have to leave it.

But, the most important thing is ..... I have wife approval !!!! LOL

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Kango said:
Hi all. I've recently written off my green s14a and am investigating buying issacs S15. This has not been put through the ESVA yet and is sat on his drive.
Would anyone be able to help out by loaning or renting me standard parts if needed.

Here is the spec list.

After market from bumper side skirts and spats
Cusco Coilovers (suspension)
Greddy intercooler kit.
Tomei ecu
HKS Oil Cooler
Greddy Profec B Boost Controller
Greddy Oil Pressure/Boost and temp guages
HKS Turbo Timer
HKS Air Filter
Greddy BOV (Blow off valve)
Cusco Strut Brace
Cusco Air Panel (Slam Panel)
Clear Rear Lights
Adjustable Tie Rods

I'm should be getting details of which parts don't need to be changed and which do.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren
Just some info.

side-skirts and rear spats just needs removing.
same with HKS oil cooler. chuck a stocl oil filter on there and refit the oil-cooler after ESVA.
remove Greddy boost controller. Don't think you'll have to reconnect the stock solenoid, but not really sure here.
remove all gauges.
remove turbo-timer
You might not need to remove the strut-brace. But it's a 5min job so you might aswell do that.
same with cooling panel.

The only parts you'll need to get (as far as I know)are.
*stock suspension (S14 stuff will be OK)
*stock intercooler (S14 IC with pipe-work will probobly be fine.)
*S15 ECU
*Stock airfilter with box. (Get a used S14 item.)
*Stock BOV (S14 stuff works here too)
*stock front bumper
*Stock rear-lights

i reckon that these are the only parts you'll need, and most of it can be bought cheap second hand from s14s.
The rest is just remove and refit jobs.

The exhaust should need some work. But I think that Phil Morrison mentioned that a S14a cat-back will fit.

Edit: just read that the exhaust is covered.
But you'll need some wheels.
I think that stock S14 wheels will work here too.

Reaction score
Thanks Topper.

Yakozan, as i'm trying the get my s14a back for salvage, i'll have some parts, but i'd still need:

stock intercooler and pipework. (my s14a had an Apex type 1)
s15 ecu (not sure what to do here)
stock from bumper
stock rear lights.

The esva company has an S15 exhaust that they use. But if not i could get an s14 cat back exhaust from someone.

Thanks for the help. Just need to hear back from my insurers and the esva company. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
If i can get the parts, i might be an S15 owner :)

Cheers dudes

Daz

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I have a stock S15 exhaust, cat and front pipe. I've also got a stock front bumper (for the next month or so probably). I've also still got the stock air box and recirc valve (no pipework). Oh, and rear lights... I'm also not a million miles from you. :)

S15 ECU? Tricky. Does Meddy still have his old one?

Reaction score
Thanks Nicely.

It looks like i may be able to get all the parts, so i may go for this. Going to arrange to see the S15 within the next couple of days.

Stonehenge? That's just down the road :wave:

If i get my S14A back, i'm gonna have a great car stripping weekend. Lots of fun. :thumbs:

Reaction score
Is your bumper for sale? If not, for rent/borrow?

btw, when you went to have your photos done at the motor museum for Jap Performamce magazine, you met my work colleague, Mike. He has a rather nice mint standard S14A. Small world ain't it.

I loved the photos of your car.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol! Yep, I remember. Real minter red S14a.

The bumper is already sold. There's just a slight logistic issue getting it up to Gordieland... :p The intention with all originals was to hire them out. Now its come to it, I can bring myself to charge. So it just a borrow. So long as I get it back sharpish :)

Reaction score
It's all progressing. As long as i can get my s14a then this should be a goer. Thanks for the loan of the bumper Nicely.

I have a standard set of 16" wheels, so that should be ok. My s14a has 350z alloys so i deffo want them back :)

I'll keep you all posted on progress.

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
I have a stock S15 exhaust, cat and front pipe. I've also got a stock front bumper (for the next month or so probably). I've also still got the stock air box and recirc valve (no pipework). Oh, and rear lights... I'm also not a million miles from you. :)

S15 ECU? Tricky. Does Meddy still have his old one?
Oh and you will need to fit a fog with an illuminated switch. I think there are strict regs over the wiring of this as well. Just running a cable wont cut it.

S14 wheels are fine, or anything else thats the right sizeish. Mine went thorough with 16*8 rears and 16*7 Advans on.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No.

You have an option to wire up one of the reversing lights with a red 21W bulb. This is much tidier than fitting a rectangular unit.

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
No.

You have an option to wire up one of the reversing lights with a red 21W bulb. This is much tidier than fitting a rectangular unit.
Did yours go through the test like this?

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Possibly not. Good point. Might be worth checking if you its part of the test to have a stupid rectangular fog...
They fitted one on mine. It was either have it below the bumper so I could change it to the lights later (Which I never got round to) or one flush mounted in the bumper which just looks a mess.