What's new

exhaust dilema

Reaction score
Country
Right i heard loads of different stories about fitted an s14 exhaust to an s15 and vis versa. Just need advise on what id need.

Iv got an s14 turbo elbow and down pipe and was looking at buying an S15 brand new blitz nur spec R due to being unable to find a second hand one.
what size decat would i need. any held would be appriciated :)

cheers

john

Reaction score
Country
I'm pretty sure you'd still want a 315mm one as the S14 one is longer as is the s14 exhaust so it would only push it futher out the back and make lining up with the hangers worse.

I would wait for someone else to comfirm. I'm still learning too.

Just re-read your post and see you mention going for a new blitz nur spec not an s14 one.
I have the nur spec rx, 315mm decat, s14 front pipe and turbo elbow if that helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
so you pretty much have the same as what im after yeh? cool makes life loads easier lol dont have to leave car in the air while i found out :) cheers

Reaction score
Country
Yeah by the sounds of it I do. I did measure my cat to be sure. Couldn't hurt to for the sake of 5 mins.
I have the S15 spec one yeah.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
You are correct in thinking you need a 315mm decat, the UK s14a is the only car that has a different front pipe and decat due to having two cats, all the JDM s14/s15 exhaust front pipes an elbows (and s13 decats) are interchangeable between the s14 and s15.
The s15 does have a shorter cat back exhaust though than the s14 and s14a and one hanger is in a different location so you are best off buying a specific s15 cat back unless you can pick up a cheap s14 one that you want and get it reduced.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Country
just to step in a little here, i have a s14a full exhaust in my s15 (minus the turbo elbow but is the same anyways) and it fits greats, none a single problem with the hangers location, the muffler do sit back a little further though, but i actually like the look of it.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
For how much it would cost why not have a custom decat made to marry everything together perfectly and get the fitment spot on? If I did it again that's exactly what id do...

Reaction score
Country
Iv thought of that pal Its just that i havent got anywhere to leave the car half built. Could get a 315 one now i know it would be near enough for the time being then get one made up.

Thas what i mean with the different stories lol never knew anyone who had done it so that clears it up : )

CMR

Reaction score
Country
My 315mm fits perfect mate, that's with a blitz front pipe, and s15 specific cat back. If you are going with an s15 specific blitz nur spec you will be fine.