What's new

How many Nissan Silvia S15 were made?

Reaction score
In Japan the number of S15's made (MT/AT Spec R, Spec S combined)
1999- 17636 cars
2000- 9054 cars
2001- 6257 cars
2002- 5600 cars

total - 38547 cars made with roughly 70% of them being MT

Reaction score
Country
good question and good answer i like it, i always wonder how many are in G.B cause there rare as rocking horse stuffing in this country

Reaction score
Country
they used to be a rare sight, but now they are poping up everywhere, i was in the UK back in march, on some back country road down by shaftesbury i passed one on my second day there

P

Phil

Over here in good old Germany there are only 25 Silvia S15 registerd.

Good to know... Thanks a lot :)

Reaction score
Country
bloody hell spoonman you lucky bugger ive lived in this country all my life and only ever seen 1 and it was about 5 years ago,,,, i actually dreamet last night that i saw another s15 iam that desperat to see one LOSER!!! lol. and auss that's a really sad story mate i hate to think of any beautiful car being hert but an s15 :cry:

Reaction score
The thing is we have so many s15's here that they are bound to get in the wrong hands of those who under estimate the power and how to handle a rear wheel drive car. We still have a lot of them left and a lot are owned by long term owners like myself so that will insure their future. The trouble though, is like myself, if the time comes that I might sell,I couldn't be happy selling it to some young nub who would total it within 6 months of ownership because of the power.

Reaction score
Country
true indeed. It happens easy enough though, i know it was just a spec slow but my other S15 was brought by a 16year old kid........... him and his dad turned up, looked at it, dad got out his money and just like that see ya car. 3 months later it had gone through a fence backwards, its still going though but year i know once you have spent a lot of money and more importantly alot of time in refining your car you hate to know its going to some muppet that thinks you fix everything by giving it full juice..........then ditch, power pole, other car, and its over

Reaction score
Country
yea well even in new zealand where a lot of them have come to, they are still considered to be rare. If you think about it to compared to something like evo's no where near as many I've personally only seen 3 s15's in real life that's including mine and there's only 1 mine in the town i live in which is mine. I think its cool there quite rare though because as good looking as they are it makes them special that there's not much. I wanted a car that was different and not many people had and I found the perfect one they're amazing.

Reaction score
Country
In antigua we now have 2 spec-r
which spec-r generation is the best from 1999 - 2002?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
In Norway we only have 2 because they cant be registered anymore here, i have one of them, a late 2002 Spec-R aero witch i am trying hard to keep as OEM as i can! Thanks for the info! Are we sure that these numbers are correct? :)