What's new

greddy t517z 8cm

Reaction score
Country
hey guys anyone running a greddy t517z 8cm on their s15??? i have 2 turbos to choose from either a hks gtss or t517z now im conused on which is better for street and response

Reaction score
Country
hi mate i cant say what's the better turbo but if i was choosing id go for HKS over and over again cause its HKS and they to me and some others are the best

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
it would seem that the t517z turbo is good for the same power as the hks turbo.

as far as i know hks dont build there own turbos there built by garret as are tomie. so i would guess that the greddy one is built by garret too.

do you know weather you have the 8cm or 10 cm exhaust housing on the greddy turbo.

Reaction score
Ok, I would go the t517z with the 10cm exhaust housing. The t518z is a better turbo but your'e not asking that question. The HKS GTSS is good but is much better suited on an RB26 twin turbo upgrade. You are not going to see much of bigger power increase over the T28BB.

Tuned properly you should see about 350hp with the t517z on about 16psi In the Garrett it's very similar to the 2860r. It is worth remembering though with the t517z there is no water cooling or ball bearings, so long term reliability could be a consideration. Their wastegates open the other way, this makes using split dumps almost imposible.

Last edited: