What's new

Mot/ Service time , which oil/fuel filter

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Come around to big service time again. Can't remember which parts I used last time so thought I would get some opinions .
have ordered my usual fuchs titan pro s oil
What oil filters does everyone use?
Oem nissan filter or something like blue print filter?
also sytec do fuel filters for the car was wondering if anyone had tried them out? I think I got a z32 filter last time iirc
Then it's mot time which I'm not looking forward to as mine has the factory hid have been told it may cause me issues passing the test as you now have to have washers? and my airbag light is flashing so unless I am get to the bottom of that its going to fail on that straight away as all dash lights have to be working correctly any ideas what could be causing it would be much appreciated

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It shouldn't fail on airbag light mate. Only abs light fails! Unless the bulb is missing

Oil filter I use k and n, part number HP-1008, Internet rumours say their filter is better.

fuel filter I just use blue print, will use z32 next time.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Apparently the rules have changed in April this year. All lights in the dash have to work correctly, any warning lights flashing is a fail , apparently any airbags that have been removed also instant fail how too ie aftermarket steering wheel etc.
will have to take it somewhere and did out for 100% before I get tested, have a fortnight to sort it out anyways.
Cheers for the filter info will check it out

Reaction score
Country
I just picked up my S15 recently and the previous owner just did the MOT a week prior to me picking it up. I have an aftermarket Momo steering wheel and it passed the MOT without any issues. The only concern was the front brakes are close to needing replacement. He did have to have the rear brakes done before they would pass it.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well at the garage we use for MOT's, airbag lights DON'T fail yet, neither do check engine lights. They have postponed the updated rules as there are too many issues with enforcing them. So until further notice we are not enforcing those things yet!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah sweet hopefully I will be ok then!!might head down this week to check . Cheers ddude just ordered the filters so be good to go soon as I get those. Only other thing is I have a slight exhaust leak after my cat don't know if that will affect emissions or not. As I said gonna pop it over see what they say before I get tested

Reaction score
Country
I was told mine would fail on the airbag light also due to 'new laws' I was told the factory xenons I have would be fine as they were factory fit without the washers :/ do you have an aftermarket steering wheel?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I will just have to see if i can find a place local that will let it pass and hope there is nothing more wrong lol . might end up taking her off the road soon anyways . And No I don't have an aftermarket steering wheel , was just saying its another thing they will be failing people on as I'm sure a few people on here will have

Reaction score
Country
I was told mine would fail on the airbag light also due to 'new laws' I was told the factory xenons I have would be fine as they were factory fit without the washers :/ do you have an aftermarket steering wheel?
I will just have to see if i can find a place local that will let it pass and hope there is nothing more wrong lol . might end up taking her off the road soon anyways . And No I don't have an aftermarket steering wheel , was just saying its another thing they will be failing people on as I'm sure a few people on here will have
I just picked up my S15 recently and the previous owner just did the MOT a week prior to me picking it up. I have an aftermarket Momo steering wheel and it passed the MOT without any issues. The only concern was the front brakes are close to needing replacement. He did have to have the rear brakes done before they would pass it.
I've stated that I just had an MOT done and it has an aftermarket Momo steering wheel. Now the rules maybe changing, but as of about 2 weeks ago, my S15 passed the MOT.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I know what you have stated ,and it doesnt affect me as I don't have one , i was just stating that when the new rules are implemented that you will not pass. it looks like it will be from the end of this year .Check under supplementary restraints http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-servicing-repair/mot-changes-2012.html
Have just read that the rules are slowly being changed as they have had issues pushing through the law so it will be advisory for now but after this year it will be a fail

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I think I might have to take it to nissan, been reading on the net and Sounds like it could be a sensor. Gonna have to get diagnostic check done

Reaction score
Country
hid's wont fail, the rule is washers or levellers "may" be fitted. il check up on the rest on the mot computer tomorrow if you want, as far as i was aware all warning lights were
fail able and i have failed a few for eml abs and airbag lights, may have changed though.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The new rules say that even aftermarket hid kits have to be fitted with levellers and /or washers if you could check that would be blinding mate.
gonna have to get it all sorted sooner or later anyways, will try resetting the system again and see if I can figure out the problem

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
No i know 100% that the hid's are fine, the only reason to fail is poor beam image or wrong colour etc

Reaction score
Country
ive heard that all lights are meant to be off on the dash for MOTs and work in set sequence that that cars meant to when the ignition is switch on